25: pt 1

I helped Scott pull the giant, steel door shut and locked it. Malia closed every vent door and Lydia locked the tunnel gate.

"The tunnel gate's locked," Lydia running to us. "Everything's locked."

She ran into the bunker and Scott closed the door behind her.

Malia jogged up to us and asked, "You think it will hold them off?"

"Probably not," I said.

"Definitely not," Lydia said after me.

"You guys aren't hoping I'm gonna be the optimist, are you?" Malia asked.

Scott ignored her question and went to the machine thing that Parrish was in to trigger his memories. Or... something like that. I don't really know what this thing does or how it's gonna help us. Frankly, I'm kinda scared.

"So how cold does this thing get?" Scott asked.

"Cold enough for a Hellhound. It's not the same as the ice bath you gave Isaac, but it can lower your core temperature past anything a human can survive " Lydia explained. Ice bath? Why does that sound familiar?

"So what does freezing our asses off have to do with our memories?" Malia asked.

"It will slow your heart rate, and put you in a trance-like state," Lydia explained.

"Like hypnosis," Scott added.

Lydia nodded," Hypnotic regression. If we can figure out how to work it."

Malia looked around and pointed to something on the side. "This says 'start,' so, maybe it's not that complicated."

My eyes trailed to the other side of the machine were there were a bunch of knobs and buttons.

"It's complicated," I sighed.

"So, optimistically, how much time do you think we need to do this?" Malia asked.

"As much time as Liam and Stilinski can buy us," Scott replied and opened the door.

"That's not terrifying," I said sarcastically as I looked inside.

"It's okay, I'll go first," Scott told me.

"Then me." I nodded and gulped nervously. "I-if the Ghost Rider's aren't here yet."

Lydia pressed the 'start' button and it powered up.

"Okay, it's doing something. You ready?" Malia asked Scott.

Scott looked at us nervously before he opened the door and got in. We closed him in and latched the door shut.

"Remember, this will get cold enough to kill you. So if something feels wrong or like, it's not working...," Lydia started.

"It's going to work," Scott said determined.

"I hope you're not saying that because you think I know what I'm doing."

"I'm saying that because I know you can figure it out."

Lydia nodded and turned all the knobs on the side as far as they could go. I watch Scott tense up and shiver.

He gasped, "Oh, okay, all right, yeah, that's cold. Really cold."

Cold fog surrounded Scott and it was getting hard to see him in there.

"So what are we supposed to do? Talk to him?" I asked. "Help him remember? Wait until he turns into a werewolf freezy pop?

"We need to guide him. Keep him focused," Lydia nodded.