18

"Still nothing from Scott and Liam," Stiles told us as he re-entered his dad's office.

How stupid and desperate do we have to be to trust Theo? It was Scott's big plan to finding Mason in Theo's murdering hands. Are we really that desperate?

"Are we really sure this is a good idea?" Lydia asked.

"Uh, no," I said and crossed my arms over my chest. "No one thinks this is a good idea."

"But you're trusting Theo, anyway?" Sheriff Stilinski asked.

"I don't trust him." I shook my head.

Stiles sent me an annoyed glare and said, "We're not trusting him, we're using him."

"What if he'd using us?" Lydia made a good point.

"We can never trust him," I said again.

"Well that's probably a givin," Stiles moved his hands in a circular motion. "But, look, we're just trying to cover every place Mason could show up. Malia and Braeden are at Scott's house."

"Melissa's got the hospital," Sheriff nodded.

"Hayden and Corey are at the school," Lydia confirmed.

"Somebody's gotta find him," Sheriff Stilinski stated with a shake of the head.

"Let's just hope they find Mason, and not the Beast," I said and took a seat on the couch in his office.

***

"What if I need you over here?" Malia asked through the phone.

"It's still daylight, Malia. The Beast only come's out at night. Beside's, you've got Braeden and all her guns. You also have claws and fangs."

"And what if something goes wrong?" She asks.

I looked behind me and saw Stiles and Lydia talking in Sheriff Stilinski's office.

"I need to be here. I should be keeping Stiles safe," I whispered, even though no one was around me to hear. "And Lydia too," I tried to cover up.

"I thought you were over him," She said. I could just hear the judgment in her voice.

"I am. I'll come over when it get's darker. Just, stay behind the Mountain Ash and I'm sure everything will be fine."

"Nothing at the Hospital." I turned around and saw Stiles leaning his head out with his phone to his ear.

"Nothing at Scott's," I told him. He nodded and went back inside his dad's office.

"And I'm going to lose my mind if I don't get out of this supernatural cage," Malia groaned on the other line.

"The Mountain Ash if there to keep you safe," I heard the click of Breaden's gun. "And Braeden. I'll call you back in about an hour but call me if anything happens."

"Yeah, whatever. Bye," Malia hung up the phone before I could say bye.

I ran my fingers through my hair and say on the bench outside of the office. I heard the door open as smiled as Lydia sat beside me.

"Now it's just a waiting game. Let's hope Scott and Liam find him," Lydia says.

I sighed and leaned my head on her shoulder. She layed her head on top of mine.

Her and I carried small talk. Talking about school and our future. After a while it got silent and we just sat there, enjoying each others company.

I got up to stretch my legs. I looked behind me and saw that Stiles had fallen alseep on the couch in his dad's office. I walked in the open doorway and stared at him.