Chapter 1

Dipper walked down the street, footsteps silent as always. He'd developed that as an ability of sorts, walking and running without a sound. Turning round the corner, he froze. A yellow-haired man in a black suit, was leaning against the wall two doors down. The cigarette in his mouth and the brightness of his hair were the only signs of his existance in the darkness. He hadn't seen Dipper. Dipper was confused, Why would someone like him be out at this time? Ah well, he though to himself, he'd just have to cross the street then.
The man took the cigarette out of his mouth, and a voice like velvet broke the silence.
"I know you're there"
Dipper froze. Shit. How did he...
"Come out of the shadows, it's rude to ignore someone when they're talking to you. He turned his head, and Dipper made contact with brilliant yellow eyes, like a cats without the trademark claw line in the centre. The breath left his body. Not sure of what else to do, he stepped forward, walking until he was less than 2 feet from the stranger.
The man looked at him for a moment.
"Well, don't just stand there! Would you like a cigarette?"
Dippers eyes widened slightly. He'd never considered smoking before but...
"Sure, why not?"
The yellow haired man pulled a pack out of his jacket, speaking again.
"Not to be rude, but...
For a moment there, from your height, I thought you were a girl"
Dipper laughed slightly
"I get that a lot"
"Take off the hoodie, I ain't gonna kidnap you ya know"
Dipper almost wanted to laugh, this guy was surprisingly friendly.
"I'm ok thanks, don't wanna take my chances"
He just laughed.
"Suit yourself"
Handing Dipper the cigarette, he pulled out a lighter, the cig pack already gone.
"You done this before or you need me to baby it for ya?"
Dipper took the lighter.

It tasted like ash and dust, but the familiarity of it was settling.
"Name?"
Dipper took the cigarette out of his mouth.
"I'm sorry, what?"
"Name? You do have one don't you?"
"Oh. Uhh..."
Could he give his name to a stranger?
"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours"
The yellow haired man laughed.
"You know how to barter kid. Names Bill"
"Don't call me Kid, I'm 18 years old.
Names Dipper"
"Dipper huh? You got a spoon fetish?"
His eyes could have rolled into his skull
"Like I haven't heard that one before"
Bill chuckled, and it got to Dipper more than it should have. Yeah, the guy had a voice like liquid gold, but it wasnt that bad.
"Dipper?"
Oh god. The way he said his name, the slight curve in his tone..
"Dipper?!"
"Oh. Sorry. Didn't mean to space out"
"Pffft"
Bill was laughing now.
"What's so funny?"
"You dropped your cigarette"
Eyes widened, Dipper looked down.

Stepping on the glowing bar, Bill pulled the cigarette out of his mouth, putting it in Dippers. Dipper froze, grabbing it before he droppe it.
Pulling out another one, Bill sighed.
"So, what's got someone like you out here at this time?"
Dipper looked at what Bill had given him.
"You didn't have to do that"
"Answer my question"
Geez, this guy didn't beat around the bush at all did he?
Dipper sighed.
"I'm an Omega, wandering around at nights easier and quieter. Less people judging me"
Shit. Why did he say that?!
"Hmm. You seem like the kind of person to panic in crowds.
Personally? Thats why I'm out here. Prefer silence, although I'm a Beta so it isn't bad for me compared to you"
Dipper stopped at the word Beta. This guy was one of those? He couldn't belive it! He was waaaay too pretty for that.

"So. We know each others names and a little bit about each other, why not shown me your face?"
"Why do you want to see it so badly?"
Cigarette in mouth, Dipper turned away slightly.
"Cause if your face is just as pretty as your eyes I might have to go back on my word"
Dipper hesitated, flushed.
"What word?"
"I said earlier i wasnt gonna kidnap you, remember?"
Dippers eyes widened instantly, shock clear in the dark.
Bill burst out laughing.
"I was just kidding Dipper! Sweet jesus that look was priceless!"
It took some time, but Bill calmed down enough to put the cigarette back in his mouth. Dipper, with an angry pout on his face, pulled back his hood and glared at Bill.
The new cigarette in his mouth hit the ground faster than a bullet. Because holy shit this guy was adorable. Quite literally. Dipper's brown, slightly curled hair framed a pale face, and large orbs of dark brown that seemed to shimmer like the night sky was in them watched him with a clearly disgruntled expression.
"That wasnt funny Bill"
"It was a little"
"No"
Dipper sighed, putting the cigarette in his mouth for a moment before pulling it out and smiling.
Bill tilted his head slightly.

"You dropped your cigarette"