Chapter 7

They sat at the table quietly. Dipper, Mabel and their parents. Orion and Charlotte Pines. Commoners who considered themselve high class. People who believed they were above others and treated them that way, including their son.
Mabel broke the silence.
"So, uhh.... I have good news"
The pair laid eyes on her, mild interest in their eyes.
"It involves an Alpha"
Eye lit up with curiosity, of course, they'd be excited. Alpha and Beta pairs were common, and Mabel was a catch.
Alpha meant power. Power meant money.

"An alpha has....
Wait for it!"
Charlotte rolled her eyes. "Don't be dramatic! Who claimed my darling daughter?"
Her voice said proud, but her eyes said cash.
"No-one...
Dipper got claimed."
The silence was short before Orion burst out laughing.
"Mabel pines! Always the joker, you get it from your father!"
Dippers head dropped slightly. Mabel noticed that, and her brow set.
"Show them your mark Dips"
The laughing adults froze, eyes now on Dipper.
He sighed for a moment, before putting down his fork. Undoing the first butten of his red flannell, he pulled the left collar down his shoulder to reveal the two indents circled by blue veins.
Both adults eyes turned from shock, to anger to downright fury.
"Dipper Pines!!"
Orion stood up, slamming his hands down on the table.
"How... Dare you?!
You! A lowly Omega being claimed by an Alpha? Don't kid me. You're pathetic!"
Dippers eyes widened in shock and hurt. He knew his parents didn't like him, but this was just cruel.
Charlotte laughed. "Tell me, Mabel dearest. That's pen, and you've got the real mark, right?"
Mabels hand curled into fists, shaking with anger. How dare they?
She stood up, face dark.
"Dippers mark is real. In fact, the Alpha who claimed him will be here later to pick us up.
We're leaving, and not coming back."
Charlotte stammered slightly.
"T-Thats crazy! You can't leave us dear!" she stood up and reached out for Mabels face, only to be pushed away.
Grabbing Dipper by his hand, she pulled him up and started towards the door.
"Come on Dips, we need to pack"

They stood in the door way, bags on the ground. It was 8:30.
Orion and Charlotte were begging Mabel not to go, who was practically screaming at them, asking why they didn't care about Dipper.
Dipper just wanted quiet. Somewhere safe and silent.
Pulling his phone out of his pocket, he opened the contacts. Bill claimed he had his number, but...
There. The contact name was 'Cipher'
Dipper speed dialed instantly, phone picking up after the first ring.
"Pinetree?"
"Since when did you call me that?"
"It's what I saved your number as, what's the matter?"
"Get me out of here, please"
Bill didn't need a second warning, hanging up immediatly.

Dipper turned to Mabel,
"Oy, Mabes!"
She turned away from their parents.
"What?"
Orion and Charlotte fell silent. Dipper hadn't spoken since dinner.
"Bill'll be here in about 10 minutes, maybe 5 depending on how panicky I sounded"
"Probably 5, considering the yelling."
She eyed her parents nervously.
"You're actually leaving"
Orion pushed past Mabel, glaring at Dipper.
"You ungrateful wretch. After all we've done for you... Your mother was right. We should've abandoned you when we had the chance"

Dipper froze. It was like someone had turned him to ice and shot him in the heart.
Shattered. And broken. Pieces everywhere as he fell apart.

Dipper took a step back.
"Y-You don't mean that, d-do you?"
Orion just glared, stepping forward and closing the distance between them. Dipper reached back, trying to turn the door handle. His hand slipped, back pressed against the door.

Screeching brakes caught their attention.