My Boy | Matthew Espinosa Fanfiction | Part 1

It was a spring morning, sunny yet there was a chill in the air. I walked outside the door and decided that I just needed to stroll.

Sometimes being on your own feels like the best thing to sooth your thoughts. I've pretty much pushed all my friends away so I've gotten used to being on my own.

I walk slowly down the concrete path way listening to the sound of my boots tapping against the ground.

I approach a park and walk over to the swing set and plop myself on the seat, I run my feet slowly on the ground pushing myself gently.

I see a boy walking towards me, he's wearing a beanie and a oversized hoodie. He smiles over at me and my stomach fills with butterflies. "Hey there, I'm Matt." He says waving by lifting one hand in the air.

"Hi, I'm Y/n." I say smiling shyly with my cheeks blushing.

He sits on the swing next to me and he looks at my face inspecting it.

"What's up?" I ask confused "You're just really pretty." He replies with a shy grin on his face.

I look over to him with shock but my facial expression is just a smile.

"Hmmm." I say in denial as I don't believe him.

"You are." He says quietly "Well did you need something?" I ask "No, I just couldn't walk past you without saying something." He answers staring into my eyes.

I smile at him and say "Well aren't you cute!" He giggles and asks "I really want to get to know you better, can I have your number?" I respond with "Yeah of course."

We exchange numbers and he hugs me goodbye. "See you soon cutie." He yells as he walks away.

I remove myself from the swing seat and I walk home with a skip in my step and a smile on my face.