My Boy | Matthew Espinosa Fanfiction | Part 13

- Two months later-

"Thank you for inviting me!" I squeal as I wrap my arms around Nash.

Over the past two months me and Nash had gotten really close.

After finding out that Matthew cheated on me, Nash has been always been there to comfort me. I still miss Matthew don't get me wrong but I know that it is for the best to let him go for good.

I've gotten a lot of calls from Matt I just don't think I can face him right now. I wouldn't know what to say. After everything that we went through I just thought he was the one.

I just can't believe he cheated.

"Are you okay?" I hear Nash say, I didn't realise he has been talking to me while I was lost in my own little trail of thoughts over Matt.

"Yeah I'm sorry" I mumble "I was just thinking, what were you saying?"

"That's fine" Nash laughed "I said anything for my girl." He ruffled his hair and looked at the ground shyly.

I was shocked, I really hoped that he was not getting the wrong idea. Nash was a nice boy and everything but I'm just not ready for a new relationship right now.

I see him looking at me weirdly and I realize I'm lost in thoughts again and I just laugh jokingly. "Hey Y/N, are you sure you are okay?"

"Urm.. Yeah.. Yeah I'm fine haha, I had a really great time with you today" I say.

I see Matt in the corner of my eye, Oh shit. We had not spoken since the break up and I really couldn't face him right now.

My whole body felt weak and heavy and my mind was spinning.

I need a way to get out of here before he sees me.

Nash looked over at Matt grabbed my hand and started walking me the opposite direction,
"Hey Y/N, lets get out of here. Do you wanna go see a movie or something?"

"Sure" I reply.

What I really want is to go home and cry but I also don't want Nash to think I'm rude so I go along anyway.

We walked side by side down a deserted sidewalk my heart is still racing and my mind is still on Matt.

I try to shake it off and concentrate on what Nash is saying.

"I know you said you were fine Y/N but after you saw Matt you seem really shaken up. You know you can talk to me?" Nash offers.

I just nod with a fake smile as we walk into the theater.

Nash gets the tickets and I order two large icee's. We take our seats and the movie begins. I'm not really paying attention to the film.

My mind is so full and I just want to sleep. Nash has been around a lot lately and I know he was just looking out for me but I really want to spend some time alone.

Not that I didn't enjoy his company because I did he is so funny and we were getting quite close recently I just hope he isn't getting the wrong idea because I don't want to hurt him.

All of a sudden I notice something on my shoulder and I squeal and jump up.

At first I thought it was a spider but then realized it was just Nash's hand... Oh no.. Please tell me didn't just try to pull a move on me. I look down at him. He's blushing.

I excuse myself and go to the toilets. I walk into an open cubicle and slump onto the seat. I don't even need to use the toilet, I just want to breathe.

Maybe I'm being over dramatic. But what is going on? What is he doing? Nash knows I just spilt up with Matt. I sit there for a minute with my head in my hands then realise that people are waiting to actually use the toilet.

I straighten myself up and walk back into the theater.

"I'm so sorry Y/N. I don't know what I was thin-" I cut him off,

"No no it's fine Nash don't worry," I laugh "I just needed some air."

"Oh." he replies looking very concerned. "We can leave if you would like?"

"Yeah, Are you sure you don't mind? I don't feel very well." I lie.

"Of course I don't mind, I'll take you home." he replies.

The walk home is awkward, the only sound is the noise our feet on the pavement. I glance at him and see him staring at me and he looks away shyly.

"You know, you are really beautiful Y/N."

I let out a small laugh and say "Thank you.".

"Here we are." I sigh as we reach my apartment.

"Well I really enjoyed hanging with you tonight." Nash says shyly.

"Thanks," I laugh, "You too."

"Maybe we could do this again sometime?" Nash says awkwardly, "Maybe we could finish the movie next time?" he then winks.

"Yeah, that would be nice." I reply, I just want to go to sleep and he really seems to be dragging this 'Goodbye' on. Is he wanting me to invite him in?

I notice that he is getting closer to me, Or maybe that is just my mind is just playing tricks on me?

No he is definitely getting closer. He leans in to kiss me and closes his eyes. What is happening? The theater wasn't enough? He's making another move?
As he gets closer I turn my head quickly so he kisses my cheek and he stands back alarmingly.

"Nash- " I whisper.

"Whats wrong?" He cuts off, "I thought you wanted this Y/N."

"Nash, I just broke up with Matt. All I want to do is sleep."

Nash looks so angry, "Fine," he replies, "Whatever I'm so done with you anyway."

I stand back amazed "What's that supposed to mean?!"

"Oh you know damn straight what that means Y/N. You led me on, Is this all a joke to you?"

I am so confused as to what he's saying?

"Nash, what are you talking about?"

"You know what? Matt didn't even cheat on you. I'm the one who sent out the rumors. I did it because I love you Y/N why can't you see that?"

"What the hell? Why would you fucking do that Nash! If you loved me you wouldn't make up this bullshit!"

I was so angry I needed to get away from him I just wanted to punch the smug smile of his face.

How dare he, I broke Matt's heart because of him.

Oh no. Matt. I was so horrible to him and he really was telling me the truth. I need to call him.

"Nash, I think it's best if you leave me alone for a while I want to clear my head."

"Y/N Please, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm so sor-"

I cant hear anything else he has to say, shaking with rage I put my key in the door and slam it behind me.

I slide down the wall crying the hardest I'd cried in a long time and grabbed my phone.

I dial Matt's and wait for him to pick up. Someone answers but it's not Matt. I recognize the voice. It's Jack.

"Hey Jack, I need to speak to Matt."

"Heeyyyy darrlinggg." he slurs. He's drunk. Great.

"Hi, I need to speak to Matt. Is he around?"

I hear him murmur to someone and another slurred voice responds. The other Jack.

"No honey, he left with some girl a while ago." he smugly says.

I hear laughter in the background.

"Oh..Okay" I say. Heart pounding. I hang up and throw my phone at the wall it falls to the floor and the screen smashes.

It felt good. I get up walk over to the stereo and put something loud on.

I start throwing things around. Bottles, photo frames, cups, etc. I've never been so mad in my life,

Why is this happening?

I crash to the floor in a puddle of tears and just lie there.

To be continued
A huge thanks to Emma, for writing this amazing part for me. Love you <3