Three

Your PoV

A tall skeleton in a uniform and a red scarf answers the door. "SANS!" he says immediately, kneeling down to embrace his brother.

"(y/n), this is my super-cool bro, papyrus." Sans tells me. "paps, this is (y/n), a lil' human i picked up at the grocery store."

"HELLO, (Y/N)!" Papyrus says cheerily, opening the door wider to welcome us inside. "I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND THAT UNDYNE AND ALPHYS ARE STILL HERE... OUR MEETING WENT ON LONGER THAN WE'D EXPECTED, AND I INVITED THEM TO STAY FOR DINNER."

Sans leads me into their kitchen, where a human girl and two more monsters sit at the table. The girl is chatting easily with the two as we enter, but they begin to quiet as I enter with the skelebros.

One of the monsters has blue skin and an eyepatch, and resembles a fish. The other is smaller and a pale yellow color, wearing circular glasses and a white lab coat.

Sans waves. "hey, guys."

"About time you got a girlfriend, too," the fish lady remarks, sipping a glass of water. "What's up, Punk? I'm Undyne." She holds out a hand for me to shake, which I accept after explaining that Sans was merely helping me, and that we were in no sort of relationship. Undyne seemed slightly disappointed, but still shook my hand with a bone-crushing grip.

Papyrus begins to unload our grocery bags, laying each item on the counter. He comes across the Farfalle I'd chosen from the pasta rack in the store, and sets it aside. Sans grins at me.

"SIT DOWN, HUMAN! THE GREAT PAPYRUS WILL NOW PREPARE DINNER!" Papyrus announces, speaking to me. Sans and I sit at the table, and I reintroduce myself to the company already there.

"I'm (Girlfriend's name [idek you guys choose])," Papyrus's girlfriend says. "It's nice to meet you, (Y/n). Welcome to the Underground."

"Thanks," I reply. I find myself slightly embarrassed, not knowing any of these people in a strange environment. (G/n) almost seems used to it, though, and I'm starting to wonder how long she and Papyrus have been dating.

(G/n), Alphys, and Undyne continue to talk, leaving Sans and I together. He glances at me, offering a grin.

"so... i hope you like spaghetti," he says. "it's papyrus's favorite thing to make, and he's the chef around here."

"I'm down for anything," I reply, feeling agreeable. Being out of Ms. Bell's hands for a few hours has really helped my attitude. I'd never realized how broken I was with her constantly up in my shit.

"good." Sans responds, pouring a glass of water for him and me from a pitcher sitting on the table. "you liking it all so far?"

"I haven't been down here for more than ten minutes," I remind him playfully. "But so far, I've made more friends than I ever did on the surface."

Sans nods approvingly. "dinner'll be ready soon, so save your appetite. papyrus always makes sure there's lots of leftovers."

After the pasta is done cooking, Papyrus places the heavy pot on the table and gives us each a heaping portion of plain Farfalle. When finished with that, he visits the stove and comes back around with the sauce, ladling a healthy amount on each of our plates. Undyne gets up to fetch the spaghetti cheese, which we all sprinkle on top.

I take a bite.

Papyrus turns to me expectantly. "HOW IS IT?"

I chew the noodles, swallow, and nod at him. "They're really good," I say honestly. "Maybe a bit more salt would help."

"AN EXCELLENT OBSERVATION, HUMAN!" Papyrus answers. "THE MASTER CHEF PAPYRUS WILL ASSUREDLY TAKE THAT TO MIND."

I put some more cheese on my pasta, mixing it around until it's equally cheesy and red with sauce.

"It tastes great," Undyne comments.

Alphys nods in agreement. "I-it is very good, Papyrus," she says quietly, a light stutter present in her tone.

(G/n) gives him a little kiss on the cheek. "It's amazing," she whispers.

After we've finished dinner, Undyne and Alphys leave. (G/n) and Papyrus stay in the kitchen, trying to organize some sort of sweet thing for a late  dessert. I begin to wander about the house, exploring. Sans is sleeping on the couch, and I sit beside him and turn on the tv.

Sans wakes up after a while. A light, cinnamony smell hangs in the air.

"what'cha doin', kiddo?" Sans whispers, stretching.

"Watching tv, I guess," I whisper back. "I thought you were going to take me back up after dinner. What's the plan?"

Sans shrugs, sitting up and leaning back against the couch cushions. "i figured you might like to stay for a day or so, before heading back to face that lady," he said casually. "give her some time to cool off. you look pretty thin, so we'll keep you for a few more meals. papyrus is a great cook."

I turn a bit red, tucking some hair behind my ear. "Thank you, Sans."

He shrugs again, grinning. "no problemo, (y/n)."

We watch the tv for a little while before (G/n) and Papyrus call us into the kitchen to taste their creation. I help Sans off the especially soft couch, and we walk together to meet them.

"Are you sure you two aren't hooking up?" (G/n) asks me playfully as we sit down at the table.

I look quickly at Sans, relieved when he shakes his head.

"sorry to disappoint you, kitty," he says, as Papyrus places a dish in front of him, "but (y/n)'s a bit young for me. maybe next time."

"HOW OLD ARE YOU, LITTLE HUMAN?" Papyrus asks me.

"Fifteen," I respond, studying the plate he gave me. On it is a steaming hot slice of apple pie, with a heavy scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on the side.

"Almost the age I was when I met these guys," (G/n) says remeniscently. "I'm practically twenty now. Where does time go?"

"SANS," Papyrus says, tasting the pie, "DID YOU EXPECT (Y/N) TO BE STAYING AS LONG TOO?"

"i dunno, bro," Sans responds around a mouthful of dessert. "i guess it's up to her."
~

goshdarn it im hungry

Ignore the little note up above. How's everybody liking the story so far? Happy late fourth, and I deeply apologize for the late update!!!