Fourteen

Your PoV

As it turns out, Sans and I slept for quite a long time. (G/n) and Mei had come home long before and had almost finished dinner by the time Papyrus burst through the door, startling us out of sleep.

"(G/N)!" he cried, sweeping her off her feet. She hugs Papyrus around the neck, laughing as he twirls her around. Mei begins to giggle too, and pulls Sans and me into the kitchen to join in the excitement.

Groggily, we let her pull us by the arms, just in time to witness Papyrus and (G/n) share a long kiss. He then hugs her tightly again, then places her on the ground.

"I missed you too, Papyrus," (G/n) murmurs, a happy smile across her face. "You're really late, it's almost dark outside! I was getting really worried!"

He smiles a little, running his fingers through her hair. "YOU LOOK VERY PRETTY THIS EVENING, SWEETHEART," he compliments her, grinning from nonexistent ear to nonexistent ear. "I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE MET YOU. HAS IT BEEN FOUR YEARS ALREADY?"

"What's the occasion?" (G/n) asks, putting her hand on top of his, which rested on her shoulder. "You seem so happy all of a sudden. Did something happen while you were at work?"

Papyrus grins again. "C-CAN'T I BE ESPECIALLY HAPPY TO BE WITH MY BEAUTIFUL (G/N) ON A WONDERFUL DAY LIKE TODAY?" he says uneasily, his face visibly heating up. "ER... WHAT DID YOU DO WHILE I WAS GONE?"

"Auntie (G/n) took me shopping," Mei says, still just as excited as she was earlier.

"(Y/n) and Sans stayed here while we were out, being lazy." (G/n) continues jokingly. But surprisingly, Papyrus doesn't even seem peeved. He sits down at the table as (G/n) begins to serve dinner, starting up a lively conversation about his day that by the end of the meal we're all laughing too hard to concentrate on the food.

"what's goin' on today, paps?" Sans asks through a mouthful. "your coolness level is higher than normal. did something happen?"

"I AM ALWAYS EXTRA-COOL, BROTHER," Papyrus says dismissively, and clears his throat, folding his hands atop the table. "WELL, TODAY I WENT TO THE SURFACE AFTER MY SHIFT, AND I HAPPENED TO PASS BY A HUMAN COUPLE. THEY LOOKED SO HAPPY, THAT I DECIDED RIGHT THEN HOW LUCKY I WAS. I WENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR PARENTS' HOUSE, (G/N), AND ON THE WAY HOME I STOPPED AGAIN BEFORE COMING BACK HOME."

"Why did you stop there?" (G/n) asks curiously.

Mei gasps. "Where did you stop the second time?"

Papyrus bites his lower lip, an interesting sight, and slowly slides out from his seat at the table. Nervously, he takes (G/n)'s hand in his. His face begins to glow a curious orange color, and (G/n) gasps loudly as he kneels on the floor, holding up her hand.

He reaches into a pocket and takes out a small, square shaped black box.

"(G/N),)" he says, his voice unbelievably soft, "W-WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

Tears form in (G/n)'s eyes, and before any of us have the chance to say anything, she explodes into tears. Papyrus looks terrified.

"I'M SORRY!" he immediately cries. "HUMAN, I SWEAR TO ASGORE, I HAD NO INTENTION TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS! PLEASE, DO NOT CRY!"

(G/n) starts to pull herself together, then wraps Papyrus in a tight hug.

She breathes something into Papyrus's ear cavity, and he sighs with relief, his whole upper body deflating from the pent-up emotion he was holding inside. His eyes begin to water a little as he hugs (G/n) back.

Sand puts a hand to his ribcage. "was that adorable or what?" he says, grinning. "man, i told you that was gonna happen, didn't i girls?"

Mei laughs. "Now (G/n) really is my aunt!"

Papyrus pets her back for a moment until she's completely calm, and then they sit at the table again.

"This calls for some sort of celebration," I say dumbly, emotion sloshing crazily around in my brain. "We should go out and get dessert somewhere."

(G/n) exchanges a glance with Papyrus, her eyes shining.

"Can we do cheesecake?" she asks softly. "Remember that night we spent in the park?"

Sans and Papyrus start laughing. "honestly, how could we forget?" Sans asks. "that crazy girl took us out in the pitch dark to go play on some kiddy playground after dessert one night."

"Sounds fun!" Mei says optimistically. "Can we go, Dad? Pleeeeease?"

Sans shrugs. "whatever the bride wants," he says, nudging (G/n). "isn't that all the way through hotland?"

"It's between there and the Core," (G/n) replies. "That might be too far for tonight... it's getting late." She giggles as Papyrus takes her hand again and slides the ring onto her finger. It's made of a silvery material, set with blue gems, and sparkles in the homey kitchen's incandescent lighting.

"WE'LL FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO EAT," Papyrus sympathizes. "YOU CAN LET THE GIRLS MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF ONE OF YOUR RECIPE BOOKS, PERHAPS?"

"Would you mind?" she says, turning to us. Mei gasps again, all excited.

"Yes, please!" she breathes, her face lighting up. She pulls me from my chair to the counter, getting down a recipe book from a shelf.

"We should make cheesecake," I whisper in her ear. "After all, it is what the bride wants."
~