Twelve

Your PoV

"there... there ya go," a deep voice, hushed, murmurs next to me. "careful, its her ankle that's hurt."

I'm laid flat on some hard, cool surface, voices all around me as I come back to my senses.

"Is she going to be okay, Dad?" a smaller voice, which I recognize as Mei, whispers.

"Sh-she'll be fine," a stammering female intones. "We just have to make the c-cast over her ankle more permanent, and get something t-to cover her head wound again."

Other whispers float around, most of which out of my short hearing range. I turn my head, forcing myself to open my eyes.

"THERE SHE IS!" Papyrus says, leaning over me with a smile.

"(Y/n)!" Mei gasps.

Sans comes back over, putting my hand in his. "how ya feeling, kiddo?"

I inhale, trying to steady myself and sit up, but the small yellow monster I'd later recognize as Alphys hurries over to object.

"don't hurry yourself," Sans agrees. "you hit your head, so you don't want to get up too quickly."

"M-make sure to tell me if you g-get dizzy, (Y/n)," Alphys murmurs, patting my forehead with a white cloth. My face begins to sting, and sure enough, the distinctive redness of blood, both dried and fresh, shows up on the cloth. She supresses the wound, then tells us a few tips about dealing with a concussion.

"Concussion?" Mei repeats, seeming only capable of one-word responses.

"It's only m-mild," Alphys reassures us.

Undyne comes out from a darker corner of the room, handing almost everyone a glass of water. "Your big sis'll be fine. Congrats on the adoption, by the way." She gives Sans a friendly punch on the shoulder before he receives his drink.

Alphys takes away the stained cloth, at last, putting a clean bandage of sorts over it.

"You j-just have to be careful," she warns. "Any sudden movement for the next t-twelve hours or so could hurt her worse."

Sans has already found a chair to relax in and answer questions from, to Papyrus's annoyance. "she'll be okay," he says, taking a sip of water. "the trip here was fine, she was on paps's back the whole time."

"AND I WAS EXTREMELY GENTLE!" Papyrus assures her. "PRECIOUS CARGO SUCH AS (Y/N) SHALL NEVER BE HARMED IN THE HANDS OF THE GREAT PAPYRUS!"

(G/n) laughs. "I'll carry Mei home, she already looks sleepy."

"i'll just stick with carrying myself, then." Sans jokes. Papyrus shakes his head.

"Y-you guys sound like you'll be okay, then," Alphys says, sounding relieved. "Undyne could go with you, i-if you wanted..."

Undyne has pulled out a chair and sat down as well, one leg crossed over the other with her water in hand. "Nah, the lazybones can carry himself."

Everyone else finds a seat and chats quietly, as Alphys finishes up with me. Once my ankle is properly set and taken care of, she helps me sit up and walk over to the others. Undyne finds us a waterglass too, and we all fill up before deciding to head home.

"Bring the kids over sometime!" Undyne calls to us, after lifting me up onto Papyrus's back. "We have to poison their minds with anime!"

"I love anime," I mumble drowsily. "Sans, can I go?"

Walking next to Papyrus, he glances up at me and smiles. "another night, kiddo. you two had a pretty big day today, and you should rest up first."

"Are we going the same route?" Mei asks.

"Can we go to Grillby's?" I inquire. "I'm kinda hungry."

(G/n) and Papyrus both answer at the same time.

"No, I can make you something at home," she says.

"NO, YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE," Papyrus replies. "AND BESIDES, IT'S TOO LATE. HE'S PROBABLY CLOSED."

I shift my head so I can see Sans. He looks up at me again, already knowing what I'm planning.

"another night, (y/n)," he repeats, shaking his head. His smile never leaves his face.

"You just get some sleep, girls," (G/n) says, kneeling down to let Mei onto her back. "I'll fix something up when we get back."

She smiles sleepily, locking eyes with me. "Okay, Aunt (G/n)."

(G/n) squeals softly, bumping elbows with Papyrus in her glee.

"I'm an aunt," she whispers. "I have a niece! Two nieces! Sans, you should find a wife, and the our family would be complete!"

"what are you talking about, complete?" Sans teases. "grow up, kitty. two kids and one (g/n) are enough for one guy to handle. if anyone's gonna talk about that, it should be you and papyrus."

(G/n) gives him a look. "Well, you should give it a try, at the very least."

"bet (y/n) will find her significant other sooner than i do," Sans says, his voice tired and lazy. And with that, the conversation seemed to be over.

We walked through the hot, muggy environment for a while, then pass through a darker area with the calming sound of running water in the air. The temperature soon begins to drop, and by then I know we've reached Snowdin.

"Almost home," (G/n) says, her breath condensing in the cold. "C'mon, guys, we can't have the girls freeze. Let's go a bit faster."

She and Papyrus break into a jog, leaving Sans behind aways. Mei and I bounce a little on their backs, but Mei is asleep and isn't bothered. (G/n) gets to the door before us, whipping out a key and making her way inside.

"Ahh," she breathes, "that's better." She lets Mei down on the couch, arranging her comfortably. Sans leans in the door, letting out a long breath.

"careful, paps," he warns. "just put (y/n) upstairs in my room. i think i'll be sleepin' down here tonight."

Papyrus starts to go up the steps, leaving the lamplit main floor to slip into Sans's bedroom. In the dark, I can't see much, but I'm taken down from my perch as tenderly as if I were a butterfly.

"OH, I HAD NO IDEA YOU WERE STILL AWAKE, (Y/N)," Papyrus whispers, covering me with Sans's blanket. "SLEEP WELL."

"Thanks, Papyrus," I whisper. "And thank you, Sans."
~