i. Beginnings

Elsa

I woke up to the late summer sun streaming in through my window and the sounds of children laughing as the splashed in the fjord. I smiled as I remembered the thing that I was still struggling to accept; I could join them, if I wanted to. I could do anything that I had longed to for thirteen years... I was free. A familiar knock at my door reinforced this thought as I called out to my sister.

"Come in," I answered, pulling my hair into a braid as I spoke. Then, I ran my hands over it to freeze it in place. Ice powers have many perks, you know. Anna bounded in, her usual energy just what I needed at nine o'clock in the morning. She ran her hands over her messily bunned strawberry-blond hair, eyeing mine enviously. 

"How do you keep it so.. perfect?" She whined, and I giggled a little; something I never thought I'd do again. I ran my palm over her hair, taming the flyaways and straightening it some in the process.

"Voila!" I smiled, as she stared at her reflection in awe. She shook her head, her freckled cheeks flushing in appreciation.

"So, what should we do today?" She asked, practically bouncing on her toes in anticipation. I couldn't help but just hug her, thinking of all the years I lost hiding from my powers, when the very thing that I needed to control them was on the other side of the door.

"Well, I was thinking we could go look at flowers for the reception, Mrs. Kristoff." I smiled at her. Planning my little sister's wedding was one of the best things I could imagine doing with myself, especially when she was marrying a man like Kristoff. I knew he would treat her right, and I could tell his intentions were pure. He was a very nice guy, and the months he and Anna had spent together had me growing attached to him as well. He was definitely an improvement over Anna's last "fiance".

"Oh, stop..." She blushed. "But okay!" She laughed. "I'll go get dressed." And she took off across the hall, the sounds of her rifling through her wardrobe carrying in through my open door. Who knew what she would come out wearing, but as long as she was happy. Anna was beautiful, radiant really, and she could pull of just about anything. 

I walked over to my own wardrobe, long sleeved dresses hanging in a thick row on the hangers. I could pull one on and be stuffy and "regal" all day, or I could wear the dress my mother had given me before she died. It was a beautiful dress, with a lace eyelet cover and and a halter strap. The lace was ice blue and the white underneath showed through in a girly yet grown-up way. It was really a nice dress, and I couldn't imagine what my mom envisioned me wearing it for. Still, I pulled it on anyway and slipped on a pair of black flats. I met Anna in the hallway, and she was wearing an equally gorgeous dress.

Her red hair contrasted nicely with the dark green material of her knee-length dress, the sweetheart neckline accented with the silver locket she wore around her neck. On her feet were a pair of black flats that matched mine.

"What's in the locket?" I asked her, moving to grab the small charm. She popped it open to reveal a picture of the two of us when we were much younger, our cheeks flushed and our smiles bigger than any I'd ever seen. "Oh, Anna." I sighed, feeling the familiar guilt I always felt when I thought of all the years I couldn't be around her. She gave me a small smile and we walked down to the gates where a sleigh was waiting to take us to the florist.

Jack

  I woke up in my own bed, in my own bedroom, in a house populated by the Guardians. It was a shock to be here, every day I woke up thinking it was a dream. I'd spent centuries alone, depressed, and just doing what needed to be done because I saved my sister. Still, people never believed in me. Even after the whole ordeal with Pitch, very few people believed in me outside that one little town. Life goes on, though. Being here with the other guardians made it worlds easier to believe I wasn't alone. Talking to people every day, having friends... It was so much better than the life I'd had before.

I walked into the kitchen, where North and Sandy were gathered around the table. They seemed to be having a one-sided yet heated discussion, so I grabbed a bowl of cereal to go and retreated to one of my favorite spots. After years of isolation, I still took solace in being alone. I floated up to the roof, nestling into the pile of snow I created, and ate my cereal as I looked out over the horizon. There were so many things I could do, endless possibilities, and it all lay just ahead of me. 

It was times like this, when I was happily alone, that I allowed my mind to wander. I thought of Samantha, the sister I'd saved but left behind. I knew she was gone now, but I wondered what that act of jumping into the frigid water did for her. How was her life? Did she have children, a husband? Was she happy? These were the answers I craved. There was another girl out there somewhere, somewhere I went once before, who always managed to sneak into my mind when I thought of Samantha. This girl was special, like me. Her hair was pale white, her eyes ice blue... There was something about her that intrigued me. And yet... I hadn't seen her more than once, in a fleeting moment of passing, but I knew. 

Somewhere deep inside of me, I knew that would be my first adventure. I would have to find this girl and hope that she could see me as well as I saw her. Just hope that my instincts about her weren't wrong, that I knew somewhere what we had in common and I wasn't wrong about it. Sighing, I tried to think of anything else but her. I failed.

Finally, I came off my perch. Now that the idea was seeded in me, there was no way around it. I had to find her, I had to, or I'd never be able to relax again. 

"Hey, guys, uh.. Can I talk to you?" I asked, walking into the living room where the other Guardians were all sitting. They were all much closer than I'd ever be with them, I knew that, but it still made me want for the kind of friendship I could have if I weren't so keen on isolation. They all said yes, and I started talking. "There's something I need to do, alone, and I don't know how long it will take. There's... There's this girl. And I just have to find her. I have to." I explained. They looked at me like I was crazy.

"A human girl? Who can't see you?" Bunny asked, rolling his eyes in the way that he does. I tried to ignore him.

"Yes, it's... Yeah. I just have to do this, I can't really explain it." I stumbled over my words. It sounded stupid now that it was out in the open and I almost regretted thinking about it.

"That is so sweet! Jack's looking for his lost love... Go! Do it!" Tooth cried out, fluttered excitedly about the place. "It's all so... Romantic!" She cried. I found myself blushing as I rushed to explain.

"No, no, no, it's not like that particularly. I mean, I only saw her once, but... I think she's like me. And I just have to know." I said quietly.

"Well, then, what's stopping you?" North asked. And with his blessing, I realized the answer was nothing. There was nothing stopping me. And so I left.

_______________________________________________________________________

Hi! It's me, the author. So, the chapters in this book will be Elsa&Jack/Anna&Kristoff... This is my first story that I'm putting up & I really hope you guys like it (if anyone reads it...) So, anyway, please vote & maybe comment because it would mean the world to me. Thanks guys! xx