xxix. Confusing Happenings

Elsa

Again, I woke up in my parents' room, my fingers playing a tune on the piano that seemed eerily familiar and yet entirely unknown to me at the same time. I had been doing this often, my fingers ghosting over the ivory pieces as I played myself awake. The feeling I was being watched was constant, though not unpleasant. Finally, for the first time since it had started happening, I spoke.

"What do you want from me?" I asked, my voice penetrating the silence and bouncing back at me off the high ceiling. I was greeted with nothing but the sharp sound of no noise in my ears, until a whisper caught me off guard.

"Just play, darling," My father's voice spoke to me, clear as if he were standing beside me.

"Why? Why are you asking me to play your piano?" I asked, confusion in my voice and tears sparkling in my ice blue eyes. What could my father gain from having me play the piano, why was his spirit trapped in the walls of his own bedroom in a castle his body had long since vacated? I didn't understand it.

"Please, just do it," He pleaded, but I refused. I didn't like not being able to control my own body, despised letting my fingers play music I had never heard before in my life.

"No, tell me why!" I shouted, the loud syllables echoing and bouncing through the room. There was no reply, and I knew right away that there would be none. Sighing, I hurried back to my bedroom, stopping abruptly in the hallway when I realized I didn't want to go in there alone. Not with the possibly angry spirit of my father haunting me, causing me to play tragically beautiful ballads in my sleep. I scurried through the dark hallways into Jack's room, holding my breath as I shook him awake. "Jack?" I whispered, almost regretting waking him.

"Huh? What? Elsa! Are you okay?" He cried, suddenly wide awake as his blue eyes searched my body for signs of injury. I gave him a weak smile.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just... Nightmare. Can I sleep, um, here?" I asked, feeling sheepish and insecure about my request. A curious expression passed over his pale face before he scooted over, lifting the blankets so I could slide in next to him. Settling under the warm covers, I snuggled into his sweatshirt-clad side. He wrapped his strong arm around me, inhaling deeply as he fell quickly back asleep. I laid there, giddy with the sheer excitement of sleeping in a bed with my love. He smelt like pine and fresh snow, a delicious combination that had me swooning with nostalgia. He was warm, his heat grounding me in the comfort of the bed. His breaths whistled through his nose lightly, relaxing my fears as I lay there and slowly fell asleep.

Jack

I woke up cradling Elsa's body, smiling as I realized it hadn't been a glorious dream. Her face was peaceful in sleep, making her look much younger than usual. From this view, you would never guess all of the things she had been through for a woman of only twenty-one years. She still somehow seemed regal and reserved, something that I assumed would always be with her no matter what happened. Her plump lips were parted slightly, air lightly blowing to and from them as her chest rose. I wondered what she was dreaming about. She mumbled something I couldn't comprehend before her eyelids quickly fluttered open and she looked around as if in shock.

"Jack?" She asked, realizing where she was.

"Morning," I answered, smiling at her.

"When did... Did I climb into bed with you?" She asked, horror on her face. I chuckled at the sight, though it struck me as odd that she didn't remember waking me.

"You said you had a nightmare and you asked to sleep here... I didn't want to offend you, my queen." I teased, my tone light as I chuckled. She seemed to relax some, her eyes lighting up as she started to chuckle quietly.

"Oh, hush." She mock-scolded, smiling that beautiful smile at me.

"So, what's the plan for today, your highness?" I continued to tease.

"Really, stop!" She squealed. Struck by a sudden impulse, I sat up and began to tickle her sides. Her blue eyes popped wide as I made contact,her laughter soon following. The sound was loud and freeing, filling the room and my chest with a bubble of sheer happiness as she shrieked and kicked, trying to get me off of her. "Jack," She panted. "Stop! I'm so ticklish!" She laughed, her cheeks reddening with the effort. When finally I stopped, we sat posed with me above her, her chest falling rapidly as our eyes met. Her hand came up, wrapping around my neck as she pulled my face to hers. Our lips quickly met, falling into the familiar dance they had so gotten used to. She parted her lips, giving me access to the whole of her mouth. She gasped as I bit down lightly on her lower lip, earning a chuckle from me as we rolled so that she was straddling me. "Okay, Frost. Enough." She broke away, straightening her already messy bedhead. I nodded, chewing my lip as she got up and walked over to the door. "I'll be in my room." She turned on her heel, the door closing with a light click behind her.

I lay, my hands behind my head, after she left. I stared at the ceiling, dumbstruck with the energy of what had just happened. It didn't take much for me to realize how amazing Elsa really was. She was so fiesty and confident, though also shy and regal. She knew what she wanted and how to get it, even though she sometimes waited to long to go for it. She was an enigma and an open book, all at the same time. She was exciting, and I liked that.

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Just wanted to thank you guys so, so much for 13k reads! I know my updates haven't been as often as I'd like them to be, but I'm in my school's production of Grease and opening night is tomorrow... /: anyway, I hope this update was okay & since it's 11:17 PM, I'm going to bed! Night, don't forget to vote and comment! <3