xv. Disaster Magnet

Elsa

After our fight at dinner, I couldn't stop worrying about Anna and the way I had almost lost control of my powers. I mean, it's not like my guests hadn't noticed that it was snowing in my dining hall, of course they had. At least it hadn't been anything more than that. It was fine, for now.

Jack sat on my desk chair, patiently watching me pace across my floor so much that I was surprised there wasn't a rut yet. There were just so many things to think about, so many things that needed done. Not to mention how close the wedding was. I mean, everything was speeding up on us and we still had so much to do! Really, all that needed done for the wedding was done, and I was worrying for nothing, but I was always afraid something would come up. Without warning, the hand I had lifted shot ice at the wall.

"Oh!" I cried out in shock, my body shaking as tears started to fall from my eyes. I didn't want things to go back to how they were. I just wanted control over my powers... I just wanted my powers to go away. As I cried, Jack walked over to me.

"Hey," He cooed at me, comforting me with his touch, "Don't cry. It's been a tough few days, Elsa. You're going to be fine. No one blames you." He spoke, as if he could have read my thoughts.

I had always blamed myself for everything this summer; the winter, Anna's frozen heart, even Anna's momentary death. I wondered if she did, too. How couldn't she, when all of it was clearly my fault? I wondered how she would react if I ever told her the real reason I had shut myself away for so many years... She would probably never speak to me again! 

"How do you know?" I asked Jack, my eyes boring into his. His eyes were a fantastic shade of blue, every possibly reflection and shade melded into one in an amazing display more beautiful than anything I'd seen before. Without answering, he kissed me. As our kissed deepened, we moved backwards onto my bed. Suddenly, he was on top of me. We were saying everything that needed to be said without words, our lips speaking everything in an urgent dance of ice cold passion. I was breathing heavily as he stopped for a moment to pull his sweatshirt over his head. I had taken off my pajama top, sitting in only my bra and shorts when he stopped. Before I could ask what happened, he shushed me. He strode desperately to the window, eyes taking in the northern lights. They were a peculiarly bright shade of blue tonight, and he looked back at me with eyes the size of dinner plates.

"I have to go." He whispered, pulling his shirt back on and dashing out the window before I could ask any questions. Embarrassed, I pulled my shirt back on and walked to my mirror. My hair was a mess, my cheeks flushed a bright red. My lips were swollen and I bit down on the bottom one as my heart collapsed. I began to cry silently, wondering what I had done to make Jack leave like that. Flipping off my light, I climbed into my bed and held my old teddy bear close as I cried myself to sleep.

Jack

As I left, I realized why Elsa had looked like I slapped her. I just left, right in the middle of the most heated thing either of us had ever done. I left no explanation, just running out into the middle of the night without the faintest clue of when I would be back. I could only imagine the things she was thinking, alone in her bedroom, after I had practically run away from her. If only she knew.

What had just happened was the best moment of my life. The way her hands had tangled in my hair and her lips had moved with mine, I had never loved her more than I had in that moment. I knew we were meant to be together, knew we had to find away for her to stay by my side forever. I still couldn't believe what had just happened, but the pounding of my heart and my swollen lips were the only proof I needed to convince me my daydreams had finally become a memory. 

When I got into North's workshop, I wasted no time in expressing my annoyance.

"Do you have any idea what calling me here right now just did? Do you know-" Tooth cut me off.

"Quiet, Jack, there's something serious going on." She almost snapped, the closest she had ever gotten to yelling at me. Baby Tooth tsk'ed at me, but I continued.

"No, okay, there is a lot that-" This time, Bunny cut me off.

"Okay, mate, we can talk in a minute. For now, just stop. Please." Something about the pleading tone of his voice lead me to believe there really was a reason for me to actually stop talking. I looked around, not seeing North. Everyone looked distressed, but all I could think about was North. Where was he?

"Where's North?" I asked, looking around still.

"Well, that's the question of the hour, isn't it?" Bunny asked, bounding over to me. "That's why we're here, Frost. And you'd know that if you weren't too busy with your girlfriend to-" Tooth stopped him.

"Let's not start this, we need to move on from the Blame Game. Let's all brainstorm, okay? Where could he be?" She asked, flitting around as she thought. I didn't know, honestly. I knew North pretty well, but he rarely left his workshop, and never alone. So it made no sense for him to have left.

"He didn't just leave. He wouldn't go alone. North... I think he's been kidnapped." I said, and Sandy began shaking his head vigorously in agreement. 

"That's crazy. Who could kidnap Santa Claus?" Bunny asked, looking at me like I was stupid.

"No, he has a point! If it was someone we weren't anticipating, someone who had the element of surprise, they could have done it without any suspicion." Tooth chimed in.

"But it couldn't be just anyone. It would have to be something North couldn't say no to. Like... a woman! I need to know your most dangerous female adversaries." I told them, and Tooth immediately brightened.

"Mother Nature." She blurted.

"Wait, wait, wait. Mother Nature is a bad guy?" I cried. 

"Of course she is. She spent years creating awful storms and natural disasters, all attempts to kill people purely for sport. She spent all of her free time thinking up new ways to use her powers for evil. But she was locked up years ago, and her daughter took over." Bunny explained.

"But what if she escaped? What if she did something to North because... Well, you know," Tooth waved her eyebrows at Bunny.

"What?" I asked. They both sighed. 

"Mother Nature used to be known as the one and only Mrs. Claus. The daughter that took over after her arrest was North's. Her name was Holly, and Mother Nature's had it in for the two of them for years! I can't believe we didn't think of this before!" Tooth exclaimed. 

We spent the rest of the night looking at every possible situation that could have lead to North's disappearance, and I realized that it would be a long time before I could see Elsa again.

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sorry, this chapter is a little short, but please remember to keep voting and commenting! I'm up to 100 votes and I am so excited, like thank you guys so much it really means a lot! All the nice comments are super appreciated, too, it means so much to know that people like my story! (: Keep voting please!