Ten

A couple days later...

Emma

My phone rings and I stop wiping my wet hair dry, walking over to my drawer. I pick up my phone from the top and see I got a text from Ethan.

Wanna hang out?

I furrow my eyebrows, in guilt. It's been a few days since I've had my episode and all I've been thinking about is how embarrassed and absolutely sorry I am. I don't want Ethan to hang out with me. I'm only going to bring him down. I don't mean it in a mean way, I'm just not good company for him.

He doesn't deserve it. He's a good guy. The type of guy who hangs out with popular teenagers, that are way to full of life for their own good. The type of people everyone loves. The type of people who have a family, who are normal. I am not those people. If anything, I'm the complete opposite. And all I bring with me is pain, hurt and a waste of time and space.

Sorry, I'm not feeling good, maybe another day?

I reply, even thought I know it won't be happening.

Oh, okay.

He replies simply. I feel my heart squeeze in pain. Somewhere deep down I hoped it would be harder to get rid of him then it was. But seems like doesn't care much anyway.

I would never admit it to myself, but this pained me more then it should. I guess there was just something about Ethan, that made him special. Something that pulled me to him. Something that made me feel like it's worth living.

But I don't want to hurt him. Better to let him down in the beginning that to say goodbye to him the tough way.

Saying goodbye with my last breathe.

----

The sound of gentle knocking awakens me from my light knock.

I get off my bed, and drag myself to the door my room, opening it. My eyebrows furrow when instead of seeing my grandmother kind and welcoming smile I see a concerned smile on Ethan's face.

"You have a visitor, honey." Grandma says, from next to him, and I have to say I didn't even notice her, because of the intense stare Ethan is sending me. My hood is down, and I'm only wearing a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt. This is probably the first time he's seeing me this exposed.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him, confused, wrapping my arms around me insecurely, after grandma leaves and he steps into my room, closing the door.

"You said you weren't feeling better, so I thought I could bring you some snacks and movies, and we could have a movie night. Everyone feels better after watching a movie or two." he says, lifting up a whole bag from Walmart, filled with sweets.

Even thought I should've told him, I just couldn't. He genuinely cared for my well being, and I would beat myself about it for weeks if I just kicked him out.

So I sigh, smiling and we move onto my bed, me pulling up my laptop while he goes down stairs to get some bowls for the candy.

When he gets back, he comes back with two glasses to pour us some soda. He quickly throws a bag of popcorn into a bowl, as I scroll trough Netflix, looking for a good movie to watch.

"Ooh, can we watch the new Power Rangers movie? I've been wanting to see it since I saw the trailer." he says excitedly, and I chuckle at his child-like behaviour.

"Sure." I nod and find it in the search bar.

Ten minutes later and I'm already munching on popcorn. I can't help but steal a glance or two at Ethan while we watch the movie.

His eyes are the thing that attracts my glance the most. They seem to be so full of life all the times. The only time those beautiful hazel green eyes of his were empty was when I snapped at him in the diner. And I feel so guilty for being the cause of that.

"What?" he says suddenly, looking from the screen. I blush looking away. Did he catch me staring?

"Hm?" I mumble pretending not to know.

"You keep staring at me. Do I have a booger in my nose?" he jokes, flaring his nostrils at me, making me laugh.

"I wasn't staring." I deny it, blushing. Thank god the lights are turned off.

"Yes you were." he says back, with a smirk.

"Nope." I pop the 'p'.

"Yep." he pops the 'p' back.

"Was not!" I chuckle and he suddenly stops the movie. "What are you doing?" I ask, with a grin on my face, my eye brows furrowed, as they seem to be all the time.

He comes closer, a devilish grin on his face. Suddenly his fingers make contact with my ribs, digging in, tickling.

I widen my eyes and start laughing, trashing in his arms as he keeps poking at my sides. He laughs too and I beg him to stop, between laughs.

"NO, admit you want to smooch this handsome face!" he demands, making me laugh more. "Say it!" he laughs out loud.

My rib starts hurting at this point, I had completely forgotten about my injury and Ethan seems to notice me tense up, when I start bending over, clutching my hand to my rib.

"Oh my god, sorry Emma. I forgot." he admits, and puts a hand on my shoulder, concerned.

"It's fine." I breathe out, leaning back into the bed frame, taking deep breaths.

"What happened to you?" he asks, concerned.

I try to quickly think of a believable excuse. "I used to play volleyball and broke a rib at a game. Someone elbowed me." I lie. I can see he's not convinced, but he doesn't push it.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asks again, his hand grabbing mine.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Let's just continue with the movie." I say, turning back to the computer.

I can feel him still looking at me, even when I turn to the screen, before he hesitates and looks at the screen too.

He's getting in to deep. He's walking right into a nightmare, and he doesn't know it.