Epilogue

A/N: IM CRY

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER

IM-

cant

----

Emma

Six years later...

I smile, happily, Joy running across the kitchen, around the island, her little feet waddling as she takes her steps. She's only three years old and already so bright. I could say the same for her brother, Jamie, playing with Ethan in the living room.

My past seems so distant to me now. It's been years, and I'm never letting it catch up to me again.

I'm finally happy. Living in a house, with my two children who I love more than myself and my husband, my Orion, who makes me a better person and I couldn't go without.

Life is finally perfect. I'm finally able to live in no stress, pain and doubt free. I don't have to worry, be scared. I don't have to be let down.

I open up the lap top in front of me, on the kitchen island, and press in my password.

Looking into the living room I notice both of the kids occupied with something on the TV, Ethan no where to be seen.

He was just there two seconds ago...

I furrow my eye brows, immediately thinking off the worst, but the thoughts quickly washing away when I feel arms wrap around me and a pair of lips planting a kiss on my shoulder.

"Hey baby." Ethan says lovingly and I look back at him over my shoulder.

"Hey." I say simply and smile kissing him. After all these years, my knees still weaken every time we kiss and I feel myself falling deeper.

I couldn't be more lucky to have him. Living without Ethan would be like living without a hand. Something would always be missing.

"It's her birthday." he reminds me, leaning his head onto my shoulder crease, leaving kisses along my collarbone.

"I know." I say, remembering my mom. I wish she was still here. She lived a hard life, and all I can wish for her right now is I hope she's living like an angel now.

My mother was always a strong woman who used to have a lot of passions. I remember she used to love reading books and would always fantasise about writing them, being a best-selling author. But the odds weren't in her favour and she never had the chance to fulfil her dreams.

I wish I could've saved her, I wish she was still here and wish she was happy, and living.

But all she is now is a memory in my brain and my heart.

And I will always remember her.

"Are we going to go to her grave?" Ethan asks and I think about it. I haven't been there since all those years back. I was always too sad and afraid to go. I guess it just slipped my mind from there on, to visit her.

"Sure. We'll go after lunch." I nod, smiling and turning to him.

"Okay." he says pecking my lips. "I'm taking the kids outside to play in the sandbox, wanna come?" he wraps his arms back around my waist and I glance over at the kids again, as a safety precaution. Still there with eyes on the TV.

"Sure." I smile, and he leans down to kiss me again.

"I love you, Em." he reminds me.

"I love you to, Ethan."

"K, let's go." he lets go of my waist and hurries towards the living room. "Okay, which one of you is going to beat me to the backyard?" he jokes to the kids sitting on the couch and they both laugh jumping off the couch and dashing outside. I laugh at my family and take the laptop with me as I follow them into our backyard.

"Are you going to join us?" Ethan asks when I come outside, all three of them already sitting in the sandbox, Joy making a sand castle (or attempting it) and Jamie running a truck trough it.

I chuckle and sit down on a deckchair. "No, you guys have fun, I just need to do something." I say, opening my computer up again.

Ethan puts his attention back on the kids as I open up Word and look down at the blank page.

This is for you, mom.

I sigh a happy sigh as my fingers type a title on the top of the page.

SCARRED

I never thought scars could go deeper then skin deep. I guess mine did.

They were ugly, and I'd always hide them, and I never thought someone would love me or my scars.

But he does.

And I couldn't love him and his scars more than I already do.

----

THE END

There will be no sequel to this story, only because I'm quite happy with how the story ends and I don't see how it could progress any more than it did.

Emma and Ethan will live a happy life and grow old together. I don't see how that could end any better than it did.

I wanted to point out again how blessed I feel for all the reads and positive comments this story got, I never thought I would get past 200 reads, but life has it's strange thing for changing things around I guess haha

Well, thank you for reading my story, and you are always welcome to dm me about anything. Also, make sure to check out my other stories, I would really appreciate it a lot.

Thank you, guys😊

And yes. Joy and Jamie are twins.