Twenty

Emma

A few months later...

I stand over my dead mother grave, one tear sliding down my cheek.

It's her birthday today. It's been almost half a year since she died. She would've been 35 today. She was too young to leave this world. She had so much to live trough. And it all ended only because she trusted the wrong person.

I feel Ethan's arm drape around my shoulder, and he pulls me in closer, shoving me comfort.

I still can't believe he loves me. Me. Out of all the people in this world, he chose me.

I lean my head onto his shoulder, and sniffle, wiping away my tear.

"I love you, mom." I say, putting down the bouquet of orange lilies - her favourite - right next to her grave.

"She loved you a lot." Ethan tells me. "She didn't deserve to die."

"I know." I say, hugging his side. "I just miss her." I say.

"I know, Emma. I know." He says, pulling me closer and pressing a kiss onto my forehead.

"I love you, you know that, right?" Ethan looks down at me and I purse my lips, smiling back at him, nodding my head.

"I love you too."

He kisses my lips, and I feel my legs weaken, still not used to this kind of affection. Everyone of his kisses are sincere and full of passion, love and warmth.

I never really knew how much Ethan meant to me, until he told me he loved me. I never knew I felt the same way. I never thought I'd find someone like Ethan. Someone like my mom would always tell me I'd find. And it fills me with hope and happiness. If I can find someone like Ethan, than there is no doubt in my mind I can live happy and stress-free.

"Come on. Everyone is waiting for us." Ethan says, after a while. I look down at my red dress and smile. Me, Ethan, Grandma and Ethan's family are going out for dinner.

This is the first time I'm meeting his parents, and I feel my stomach churn nervously at the thought of it.

Ethan sees my nervous expression as we get into his car and he takes my hand in his, looking at me.

"They are going to love you." he tells me and I smile, weakly, before he let's go of my hand to turn the car on.

His hand squeezing mine is quickly replaced as he keeps it on my thigh the whole ride to the restaurant.

----

"Guys, I have a few words to say." Ethan suddenly announces, the chatting going across the table quieting down. Everyone looks at Ethan, including me.

I furrow my eyebrows and I put down the glass of wine in my hand. I didn't know he was making a speech.

"I'm sure everyone is having a lovely time, but I think this is the proper time to do this." he chuckles, getting up from his chair, pushing it back a bit, so he can stand up easier.

Gasps escape from around the table, when Ethan turns to me, dropping down on one knee, making me widen my eyes. I press a hand over my mouth, shocked, as I look down at him, with glossy eyes.

"I know we haven't known each other for more than five months," he says nervously. "Four months and twenty five days actually." he points out, making me smile. "But in these few months, you have managed to become the light of my life. I couldn't possibly imagine living it without you. And before you panic and turn me down, because it's too soon," he chuckles making me chuckle too, tears slipping from my eyes. "Or because we are too young, don't worry. Because all I want from you is a promise to be mine. So," he concludes, opening a red velvet box, revealing a beautiful ring, simple but elegant. "Emma Olivia Clive, will you promise to marry me? Not today. Not tomorrow, not in a month or a year! But someday, when you are ready. Because I will wait as long as you want me and need me to. You would make me the happiest man if we got to spend the rest of our lives together." he finishes and I feel one of his hands grab mine.

Unable to form words, I just nod my head, slowly at first, and then vigorously, and he grins, tears forming in his eyes.

Claps come from the table, making the rest of the restaurant look our way and applaud too, as Ethan slips the ring onto my finger. He leans up and I kiss him, with all the passion and love left in me. I give him his all. My heart, my soul, my everything.

Mom was right.

I did find my Orion. And I couldn't be any happier I did.

----

EPILOGUE TOMORROW GUYSS