Eleven

In the morning

Emma

I stir in my bed, groaning tiredly, remembering the hour I went to sleep at last night. Actually today, technically.

I turn my head to my right and a small smile escapes onto my lips when I see Ethan sleeping on his stomach, his mouth slightly open, and his wavy hair sticking up in different directions.

He's still in his clothes and I feel sorry for him, knowing it sucks to sleep in jeans.

I slowly and carefully stretch across my pillows, accidentally nudging Ethan's head in the process. He stirs but doesn't wake up. I jawn and look at my alarm clock seeings it's minutes over nine am. I mentally groan, remembering I have a session with Dr. Quinn today.

I sit up in bed and look back at Ethan wondering how I should wake him up. I don't want to interrupt his slumber, knowing we went to sleep at 3 am after watching our fourth movie.

I'll just let him sleep, hopefully he'll wake up on his own, before I have to leave for my session at 11:30.

I quickly brush my teeth and fix my hair in my bathroom, before wiping off the left over make up from yesterday from under my eyes.

I travel downstairs and smile at the smell of food, coming from the kitchen.

"Good morning." I say, entering and grandma turns around, almost surprised.

"Good morning, sweetie. You're in a strangely good mood." she comments and turn back to the stove.

"I guess." I mumble and walk over to her to see what she's cooking. "So, whacha making?" I say over her shoulder, looking at the food cooking on the stove.

"Chicken perm. Nothing special. I didn't think you would be waking up so early, since I still heard you guys awake at two pm, so I didn't make any breakfast." She pouts.

"Oh, no it's fine, I'll just have a breakfast burrito." I say and she smiles and shrugs and 'okay'.

I microwave myself the burrito and decide to make one for Ethan too, I can't just wait for him to wake up, I have a session in like two hours, and he should probably get home.

"Oh, I can't give you a ride to your session today, I have another book club meeting, you can borrow the car if you want to." Grandma says and put the burritos on two plates.

"Oh, it's okay, I'll take the bus." I reply.

"Nonsense!" he opposes. "Take the car, it's fine."

"I don't have a license." I say, remembering I never really finished getting it. I got half way trough it when dad decided it was too expensive.

"Oh. Well, that's a problem." she thinks. "Oh, what if you take my bike? I haven't used it in a while but it still works good. The tires are probably empty though, so we are going to need to pump them." she says and I shrug.

"You don't have to grandma, I'll just take the bus."

"You're not taking the bus, those things are filthy." she insists and I sigh."There should be a bike pump in the garage. Maybe you could ask Ethan for help." she wiggles her eyebrows slightly and I blush.

"Stop." I say and kiss her cheek, before taking the burritos and going upstairs.

I walk into my room to see Ethan still sleeping, light snores escaping his lips, making me chuckle. He's so cute.

Wait, what?

I shake my head and walk over to the bed. I sit down and lean onto the back, putting my plate into my lap, before grabbing Ethan's and nudging him in the shoulder gently with my other hand.

"Ethan." I say, silently.

He doesn't seem to be waking up. So I nudge him harder.

"Ethan." I almost sing and nudge his shoulder twice, he stars to stir around and I nudge him again.

"Come on, wake up." I chuckle. "I made you a burrito." I add, hoping the mention of food would wake him up.

"Burrito?" I guess it did.

"Mhm." I hum, smiling. He opens one eye and grins, when he sees me, holding out a breakfast burrito on a plate for him to take.

He lets out a load moan, followed by a jawn, his morning voice surprisingly music to my ears. He stretches and his shirt lifts a bit, showing off his tones stomach and the edge of his Calvin Klein underwear. I quickly turn away and reach for my phone, checking my notifications, merely to distract myself from having my cheeks heat up.

Nothing special.

Like usually.

He sits up and runs both his hands across his face and into his hair, pushing it back, before turning to me, his eyes slightly red and a line from the bed covers imprinted on his face.

"Morning." he says, his voice raspy and a couple tones lower than usual.

"Here's your burrito." I hand him the plate and he gladly takes it, leaning back down into the pillows.

"So, what are you doing today?" Ethan asks curiously, about half way trough his burrito. I nearly finished mine already, I'm really hungry.

"Oh, umm, nothing special. I got this thing at eleven, and then I'm just hanging out at home." I explain, biting into the burrito.

"What thing?"

"Oh, nothing special, just some, um, family stuff." I say and he nods, unsure. I know he doesn't believe my excuses but I respect him for not being nosy and asking more questions.

"Can I ask you a favor?" I say after a quiet minute and. us finishing our food.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can you help me pump my bike's tires please? It's grandma's, she hasn't used it in awhile and I need it today." I say.

"Sure thing, let me just use the bathroom first, and we'll take care of it." he says and I nod smiling.

I sigh and look at the clock.

9:43

I have enough time to get ready, have some free time to be lazy and make it to my session on time, I think. It's ten minutes away by car but how long does it take me to get there with a bike is a question.

"Okay, let's go." Ethan walks out the bathroom.

-----

Idk where im going with this