Eighteen

A/N: Sorry I kind of disappeared for 34503874 days haha, but I'm back now and with a new chapter, I'm thinking this story might end soon, like a couple chapters, I'm not sure yet, but I guess we'll see haha.

Well, enjoy :)

----

Emma

I exit Dr. Quinn's office building and start walking towards home. Grandma couldn't drive me cause she had her book club. And as far as the bike goes, it didn't turn out to be in such a good condition as grandma said it was. I'm not judging by the old, rusty frame of it, but by the pedal that fell off completely, and I fell on the bike in the middle of the road.

Luckily no cars were around to drive over me.

The weather today was sunny, putting me in a good mood. Surprisingly, I wasn't wearing my hood, I think it was Ethan's constant encouragement, that led me to being more comfortable with it off, but I still noticed a couple odd glances sent my way. And surprisingly, it doesn't bother me so much anymore. It still makes me uncomfortable, but I guess I've kind of dealt with the fact I'm going to have to leave with the scars for the rest of my life. I better start excepting them.

It's so weird. Only a few weeks back I would've never thought I'd be saying this.

I sigh and just lower my head a little as I walk, stepping into a couple puddles on the way. The sun was starting to set, being it was almost nine pm. Mr. Quinn had to move our session up to at eight because of some emergency.

I just quicken my step, wanting to get home before the dark.

I hear voices in the alley, I'm walking past and I can't help but take a quick peek into it. Four  drunk guys fooling around and walking out, were making a lot of noise. One of them sees me watching and points towards me, to the other guys. I start walking again, this time quicker than before. The streets were still full of people, and it made it harder to avoid hitting shoulders with them slowing me down.

I hear laughs behind me, and I look back, seeing the guys from the alley following me, shouting at me to wait up.

I start basically running at this point, finally getting off the street full of the people, making it easier to get away. My feet hurt from the hard steps I'm taking, and my chest stings, from the harsh breaths of air I'm inhaling. I can feel a numb pain in my ribs, but I ignore it and keep running.

I still hear steps behind me, and I fear looking back, scared it will slow me down. But I do it anyway, and see they are closer then I thought they were.

I see an alley, and decide to hide, it's my best option, to let them run past me. I also notice I'm not quite far from home.

I duck behind a dumpster and wait for their steps to get closer. I see them stop and look around when they come to the entrance of the alley, but I don't think they see me.

What do they want from
me?

"She's not here guys. Come on let's go. I think she went this way." One of them motions towards the others and they keep going forward.

After a few minutes, when I think the coast is clear, I get up from behind the dumpster, and slowly go towards the beginning of the alley.

I carefully look around, before quickly dashing out. I run a couple meters down the street, before I hear steps near me again.

"Where do you think you are going?" I suddenly feel hands on my shoulders, and I yelp as I'm pulled into another alley. 

The guys from before me all look down at me, with smirks on their faces, and I immediately start crying, the looks on their face reminding me of my dad.