Chapter 8

Sara

After my nightmare I couldn't go back to sleep. It had almost become our routine where Zach would shake me awake and then would stay awake for a little just keeping an eye on me but this time he just went back to his place and fell asleep. I got the impression that he was annoyed with me which made me annoyed because I wasn't used to this side of him. I guess I was being unfair to him but I had just intended to make a point that when I say something I really mean it.

Hopefully he got my message by now.

I done whudu and read Quran until fajr salah crept in, my eyes occasionally turning upon the envelope which was still sitting on the shelf.

Zach had thrown it over to me before he had gone to bed but I still hadn't opened it because I was mad at him for being mad at me when I was the one that was meant to be mad at him.

When I had finished making dua I got up setting the alarm up on my phone to wake Zach up using the most annoying ring tone I could find on my phone, but to my surprise another equally annoying music echos across the room before I could even place the phone by his ear. I paused in my action with my back awkwardly bent.

Zach moves around searching for something until his hands find his phone and he turns his ridiculous alarm off.

Had Zach really set his alarm for fajr? I stood frozen watching curiously hoping he wouldn't open his eyes to find me standing there.

His eyes opened and locked on me immediately.

"What?" He looked to me. Eyes tired.

I straighten up a little taken back by his coldness.

"Nothing. I was just going to wake you up for fajr." I fold my arms feeling a little cold.

I watch him go into the bathroom and come out. He prayed his salah and made a short dua as usual and then he pulled out an empty suitcase and started to fill it up.

I sat in my bed just watching and more than once did I want to ask what he was doing but I remained quiet.

Was he leaving? Was he really quitting? A sense of excitement began to bubble up and I couldn't help myself to ask.

"What are you doing?"

"Packing." He simply says throwing few black tops into his luggage.

"Why?"

"Because we have to catch a flight in 3 hours."

"We?"

"Didn't you see what was in the envelope?" He asks.

I shake my head.

"No."

He sighs.

"We're going Spain."

"Spain?! Why?" I spat.

"Believe me your the last person I want to go Spain with but your dad has already booked the tickets and I didn't have the heart to say no since he already went through the effort of getting them and all." He lazily explains.

I was surprised by this sudden information. Why was I only finding out now?

"I tried telling you yesterday but you kept shutting me out. I'm not exactly thrilled about this so lets just get this over and done with." He says dryly pushing my suitcase towards me.

***

I was a little uncomfortable with Zach giving me the cold shoulder but as soon I brought him some pancakes he seemed to have forgotten to be mad at me at all. I hadn't planned on making Zach breakfast but since we had a long journey ahead and he needed his strength I changed my mind. To be honest I don't even know why I made him breakfast. I usually don't.

We ate in silence, my mind going crazy and my stomache slightly sick until Zach spoke first.

"You do realise this is our first time going out of the house?" I don't say anything and silently eat my breakfast. I had been trying to avoid thinking that part for the sanity of my mind. I had no idea what to expect when I got out. I knew I was in danger but to put my trust in the man sitting in front of me was scary since we could barely stand each other.

I had been constantly talking to Allah all the while I was quiet making silent dua for my safety.

Deep down I knew Allah was the one in control of my life which helped ease my tension a little but not fully. If anything were to happen no doubt it would be Allah that would bring me out of the danger, His powers compared to no ones.

Pondering over Allahs abilities and powers really helped my mental state. That beautiful verse in the Quran was indeed true when it says *'Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.'

Subhanallah!

I eat my pancakes in silence enjoying the quality time alone in my head.

"Just as long as you stay besides me I can handle it all." He smiles reassuringly. He was back to treating me like I was fragile again. Was he not mad anymore?

I only nod not saying much. I didn't have any energy left to be mad at him. After all he was risking his life for mine. But he didn't have too. And he knew that.

We grabbed our luggage's and my dad hugged me tight before we left. I can tell he was worried but at the same time he had hope that I would be somewhat safe. He always could put his full trust in Allah even when the times were bad.

I sat in the car while Zach and dad exchanged a few words no doubt were they talking about me. I pretended not to notice and finally Zach drove off out of the gates. There was an uneasy feeling the minute we left the gates and I was half expecting to be ambushed within the first 5 minutes of driving but nothing happened and Zach was driving away like it was happy days, whipping out his sunglasses from his pocket.

"Would you relax? I'm the one under pressure here but I seem to be fine." Zach breaks the silence first. I had been looking left and right in case I saw a glimpse of that horrible face of the person who had tortured me with the most disgusting way possible.

"I can't. I wont be able to handle it if I get taken a second time." I say trying to hold it together but fail when my voice betrays me and cracks.

"Don't you trust me?" He says slowing down for a red light. I don't say anything because I really didn't know if he can handle everything on his own since he's only one person.

He glances at me and for a second there I thought he was going to put a hand on me for reassurance but in the last minute his hands change directions to the AC.

He must have read my face. I still was not used to close proximity. Even us being in the one car alone was hard enough but somehow I was managing knowing that I needed him beside me.

That was probably the scariest and most annoying part of all. No matter how much I detested having him around, in the end I needed him. Because as much as I hate to admit it he had begun to gain my trust, even if it was a size of an atom.

And only a miracle could have caused that to happen.

A/N
AssalamuAlaykum. I hope that each and everyone of you is in the best of health In Shaa Allah and I hope you are enjoying reading 'Healing'.

(By the way guys all Quran or hadith reference I will be marking with a star like so...*Surah Ar-Ra'd, Chapter 13, verse 28.)

So I know some of you thought Sara was going to explode in this chapter..haha.

She didn't ;)

So do you think they can manage a perfect honeymoon? Or do you think they will constantly find things to argue about? And also what would you prefer to happen?

Hmmm...next chapter could be pretty interesting.

Don't forget to VOTE + COMMENT and SHARE!!

I'll catch you all in the next chapter.

Peace xx