Chapter 40

***Warning: Sorry. There may be inappropriate language in the coming chapters and maybe some violence***

Sara

"Hello?" I say once again hoping it was dad and relief filled me when I hear his voice.

"Sara?" He says but not in his usual cheerful self. His voice sounded distressed and before I could ask if everything was okay. Another voice filled the speaker.

"Hello Sara." This voice however was more cheerful and sounded quiet delighted to hear from me. Two words from him and I already didn't like the tone of his voice.

"Who is this? Where is my dad?" I glance around feeling something wrong, and my whole body turns rigid when I hear the shouts in the background that follow.

"SARA! Don't listen to him! DON'T-"

"Shut the f*** up" I hear another male voice order and then I hear footsteps and struggles followed by a door slam leaving me almost paralyzed.

It was my father. Warning me to not listen. But he was meant to be on a flight back home. He had texted me.He had told me the flight was delayed. Unless...

"Dad" I gasp but it was just a whisper.

"Now listen carefully." The voice speaks and I know nothing good will come out his mouth. "Do all instructions successfully and your daddy over here will leave unharmed. Understood?"

I open my mouth to answer but my voice is stuck half way down my throat as if a stone was jammed there.

They had dad. They kidnapped my father instead just to get to me. I was still trying to warp my head around what he had said but the voice snapped impatiently causing me to jump in fright.

"Understood?!"

I glanced around to see Zach. He was watching me with concern and then he lifted his hand to make a gesture asking if I was fine. I don't respond because nothing was fine. Instead I just look at him blankly and hope he understood and would walk over to me but I also know that the man on the phone will hear everything.

"Understood." I agree quickly before he could change his mind.

"Good. Now I want you to act normal and make an excuse for the toilet. Once there, wait for further instructions. If you alert anyone and I mean anyone...then you can imagine what sort of consequences that will take place I'm sure." I felt disgusted because I could sense he was smiling through his vile words. I wanted to slap him and tear him apart for threatening me with my dad but I was helpless and desperate to protect my dad. "Oh and lose the bodyguard. You have five minutes and make it convincing because you look like you just seen a ghost." With that the call ended and my hands almost lost grip on my phone as my face paled and my chest tightly squeezed as if folding in.

How had he known? Did that mean he could see me?

If he could see me then there was no way I could tell everything to Zach.

A hand touches my shoulder and I jump feet five ft in the air before realizing it was only Zach.

"Is everything okay?"

I roll my tongue around trying to create moist in my mouth before speaking.

"Yeah everything's fine." I let out a shaky laugh that Zach frowns. Oh gosh, why was I so bad at this?

"Are you sure. Who were you on the phone to?"

"It was dad. He's just tired and I'm just a bit worried about him" Even in this desperate situation I felt the need to not lie. I couldn't risk committing any sins at a time where I was of dire need of my Allah.