Chapter 22

Zack

I folded the mat up and placed it down turning to find Sara sitting on her bed with a pen and notepad.

"Are you ready?" I ask.

"Yup."

"Okay then let's go." I stretch my hands in the air almost brushing the ceiling.

"Where are we going?" Sara grabs her purse and handbag and I grab her phone for her.

"To a place not too far from home. I thought you may not like traveling too far so it's just around the corner from here."

"The Chinese one?"

"No the Spice hut." I say.

"Oh." Sara falls mysteriously silent.

"What's wrong? Don't you like Spice hut?" I look to her with concern.

"No. I love it."

"Then why are you acting like I'm taking you to a funeral." I quickly change into a different pair of shirt and spray myself to smell nice.

"I was just thinking about the last time I had gone with Ismail." Her sullen voice is barely audible.

"Oh." Now it was my turn to 'oh'. I had not expected that one. It had seemed that wherever she goes she always had memories of Ismail left lingering behind her.

I rub my neck in thought. Maybe this was not such a good idea anymore. What would I do if she began to have one of her meltdowns. "We can go to a different one it's just 20 minutes..."

"No. We don't need to. Let's go Spice hut." Sara decides snappily.

We head out after letting her dad know. I know her dad told me that I could take her anywhere I wanted to without permission since I am her husband and all, but I still felt the need to just inform him.

I watch Sara closely, she climbs right in without making such a fuss about leaving home and I can't help but think of the progress she had been making. Of course the nightmares were uncontrollable but at least now she was more comfortable with having me around and she didn't jump at everything like she had done so in the beginning. There had been an immense difference in her behaviour ever since Spain.

I park the car and we enter Spice Hut and as usual I scan over the room detecting for anything unusual. Sara takes the seat closest to the wall and I block her view from anyone else taking the seat opposite.

"You okay?" I ask. To be honest I was more concerned about Sara's mental health at the moment than anything else.

Nothing could really happen in a restaurant since it is a public place so I wasn't worried about those guys coming for us, and besides how can they possibly know every time Sara is leaving her home. Security was top notch in their house!

"I'm good." She breathes looking around.

"It's okay. I've got you. " I squeeze her hands over the table and then stop immediately when I feel her react. "Sorry."

"It's okay." She says quietly surprising me with her calmness. Maybe she felt the need to be nice to me since she needed me right now? Or maybe...just maybe she actually was beginning to trust me.

I glance at Sara and then divert my eyes to the mirror picking the menu up since Sara looked uncomfortable with the whole situation.

Due to my quick thinking I had chosen the spot where I can see across the second room as well because of the mirror that was placed on the wall. In training these were the things that they liked us to think about quickly.