Chapter 21

Sara

I took a few deep breaths talking myself through this.

I was going to be strong and do this. I needed this.

I was not going to have a breakdown.

Ignore the little part of terror that was always nibbling at the back of my mind.

I took longer than needed as I sorted myself out mentally avoiding looking at Zach who had been patiently waiting without saying a word. He had been with me long enough to understand my unusual needs.

I nod finally able to not feel as though I was crumbling until I look to Zach who had been watching me this whole time and my heart sinks as the little bit of confidence I had mustered up slowly abandons me.

I had been trying to ignore last nights revelation but the more I tried to bury it the more it made me realize what had actually happened. Zach had no clue that I too had noticed the strange incident of last night. I still hadn't given myself the time to mull over it and for a second I am glad of this diversion from having to think about it any more.

I avoid his eyes and stand in front where he is sprawled over the floor legs out.

"Okay. Ready." I finally come around.

"Great." He jumps up and I look to the floor. Standing closer to him made me realize just how tall he was. He was of a gangly height which gave him a intimidating look so I decide to keep the distant.

"What's first?" I try to be as enthusiastic as he is but it just wasn't working out for me. I hated this sort of thing and the small smile playing on Zachs lips showed that he knew it.

"The first thing I would advise is, never leave on your own."

"I don't ever leave my home alone." I inform him. I look down when he glances over boring his eyes into me. It was hard to tell what he was thinking. Why had he looked at me like that.

"After I get you ready, I'm going to take you out on a date." He promises. "You know it's not healthy to always stay indoors?"

That's exactly what my father had said to me a while back. I would love to go out and explore except that a part of my brain couldn't handle the exposure because I was constantly reminded of everything that had happened to me. The pain and memories were too much to handle.

"The second thing is." His voice brings me back to reality which I am glad because it distracts me away from my depressing thoughts. "Scream. Scream as loud as you can. I'm sure you'll be good at that. All girls are good at that." He grins at me but I don't return back any smiles because he wasn't even funny.

Was he taking the mick out of us girls?

"Yes. I can demonstrate right now if you like."

"No no, that's okay." He is quick to say as he approaches me and then suddenly stops. He seems to have a bad habit of forgetting the rules, maybe he has bad memory because he is always quick to move towards me but then his brain kicks in later saying 'remember the boundry'

"If I'm the bad guy and I am coming towards you remember always aim for the places that will give them the most pain."

"Yes."

"Okay. Now I'm going to teach you how to throw a punch."

"A punch?"

"Yeah a punch."

"I can't throw a punch." I look to him with Incredible eyes.

"Why not?

"Because I'm...I don't know how to. My body doesn't react that quick."