Chapter 25

2 Months Later

"Birdie, c'mon. You probably just ate something bad. You just need to rest up." Harry says, his voice muffled by the bathroom door.

I groan and throw a roll of toilet paper at the said door, hoping he'd go away.

For the past week, I've been sick. Every morning I'd throw up. If I smelt something I didn't like, I'd vomit. See something, move, eat, talk: it all leads to me hurling up my lungs in the sink or toilet, whichever's closer.

I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand and flush the toilet before starting up my shower.

"I'll be out in a little. I'm gonna wash up." I call out, my voice groggy.

I hear Harry's receding foot steps and sigh quietly before I get in the tub and wash my body and hair.

After my shower, I get out and quickly get dressed in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt before grabbing my jacket and shoes, slipping them on.

I grab my phone and quickly dial Alyssa's number, sitting on my bed.

"Hey, girly! What's up?" She answered.

I cover my face with my hands and let out a soft sob.

"Oh, God. Birdie, what's wrong?" She demands, her voice carrying a worried tone.

"Alyssa...I've missed my period. And I've been sick and I don't know what to do." I confess, my tears staining my shirt.

"Honey," she says, her voice softening. "Come over, right now. I'll run to the store and get some tests, okay? You're going to be fine." she tells me.

I nod and wipe my eyes before we say our goodbye's and hang up.

Standing, I put my hair in a pony and make my way downstairs, smiling small when I see Harry sitting on the couch.

I go over and kiss his cheek, looking at him.

"Have you been crying?" he asks, sitting up a bit more and looking at me, his fingers brushing my cheeks.

I nod and smile sadly. "Alyssa and Dylan broke up and she's really upset. It just made me cry a bit, I know, I'm a baby." I lie, my chest heavy.

Harry frowns and nods, stroking my cheek a bit. "I understand. You should go be with her." he says.

I nod and smile, kissing him softly. "Right. I'll be back later." I say, turning to face the door.

"I love you. Be safe." he calls out, smiling at me.

"Love you too. And I will." I tell him before heading out Harry's jeep after grabbing my keys from the bowl on the coffee table.

Harry and I decided that we could share cars and gave me his extra key to his jeep and I've gladly taken the jeep whenever I could.

After getting in and driving down the road to Alyssa's, I get a text from her saying that she has the tests and a bunch of drinks.

I smile small and press the gas pedal to the floor, now speeding to get there.

It's truly amazing how speeding actually does help. I get to Alyssa's in record time and quickly jumped out of the jeep when I pulled into her driveway.

I just walked through her front door and saw her sitting on the couch.

She smiles when she sees me and gets up, wrapping her arms around me in a tight hug in which I return.