Chapter 31

His name is Ethan James Styles.

That's my baby.

He weighs 5 lbs and 8 oz. He's 14 inches long and has the brightest green eyes.

After the surgery, the nurses cleaned Ethan ad wrapped him in a blanket before handing him to me.

Holding my son brought something out in me, not just my maternal instincts but something else. More love, more knowledge that I would do anything for my baby.

The doctor arranged for me to be set up in the ICU for recovery and that's where we are currently.

"I'm gonna go get Louis and the boys. They've been freaking out since I called him. They got here just after we did." Harry tells me, getting up from his spot on the bed.

I nod and blush when Harry leans down, brushing his lips against mine in a soft kiss.

I reach up and cup his face in my hand gently, smiling against his lips.

"Okay..but hurry." I tell him.

Harry nods and carefully kisses Ethan's soft forehead before leaving the room, shutting the door behind him.

Once he's gone, I look down at the tiny being in my arms and rock him gently, humming quietly.

Ethan squirms a bit in my arms, his small mouth opening in a yawn.

I smile down at him and look up when the door some open and Louis comes marching in, his eyes red and puffy.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He says, coming over and wrapping his arms around me tightly.

I smile and hug him back with one arm.

"I'm fine, Lou. I promise. I'm so glad you're all here." I say, pulling back and looking at the rest of the boys.

There's a small cry and I look down at Ethan who has his eyes open and looking around.

I chuckle a bit and look at Harry. "Seems like he wants some attention."

I watch as the boys gather around the bed and look at Ethan in awe.

"I'd like to introduce you all to Ethan James Styles...my son." I state.

Liam and Niall cheer and I smile at them, then look over at Louis.

"Can you take our first family photo?" Harry asks, sitting on the bed next to me.

Louis nods and takes Harry's phone.

Harry wraps his arms around me, one hand on my hip and the other on over mine, cradling Ethan's small head.

Louis takes a few pictures of us smiling and then hands Harry back his phone.

A moment later, my own phone chimes and I pick it up, seeing that Harry posted the picture on all of his social medias with the caption: 'First Family Photo!! I'd like to introduce everyone to our son, Ethan James Styles. Love you, lil man <3 '

I giggle a bit and Harry shrugs, kissing my head. "I had too." he says.

I look over at Louis who's standing at the edge of the bed, looking at me.

"Would you like to hold your nephew?" I ask.

Louis nods and comes over next to me and I carefully hand Ethan to him.

I watch and Louis's eyes water once more and he sits in the chair next to the bed.

"He's beautiful.." Louis whispers.

I smile and Harry takes my hand in his, smiling to me.

I look over at Niall and Liam who are sitting on the edge of my bed, holding hands.

"So, how are the two of you doing?" I ask.

Niall blushes and nods, glancing at Liam.

"Yeah, we're doing fine. Great, actually. We were right in the middle of....you know..when Louis barges in and tells us what's happened to you." He says.

"Yeah, but it was totally worth having blue balls over. I mean, you and Harry just had a baby! Well, not you and  Harry, just you, but it's still both of yours kid. " Liam says, rubbing his forehead as he tries to clarify.

I laugh and shake my head, leaning into Harry some. "I get it."

Liam smiles and nods, then looks at Niall who just continues to laugh.

Louis reaches over and slaps Niall's arm.

"Shut it, my nephew is trying to fall asleep." he grits out.

I grin and look over at Ethan, his beautiful eyes closed and his small hands curled into fists on his chest.

We stayed like that for a few hours.

Niall and Liam sitting at the end of the bed, Harry laying next to me, Ethan being passed around so the rest of the boys can hold him as I eat and nap.

At around 4, Harry left to go grab us a few clothes from home and come back within 15 minutes. Little speed demon, that one is.

Soon, visiting hours were over and I was sad.

"I don't want you to go." I pout, tugging on Louis's hand.

Louis looks at me, smiling sadly. "I know, babe. But I have to pick Freddie up tomorrow. I'll come back, I promise." he says, squeezing my hand as he kisses my forehead.

I nod and let him walk out the door, giving him a wave until he's completely gone.

Sighing softly, I look over at Harry who's watching Ethan as he sleeps in the small hospital crib.

"You haven't taken your eyes off of him since you came back." I say, leaning back against the pillows.

Harry glances over at me and smiles small. "How can I not? I'm scared that if I don't pay attention, I'll miss something or that something might happen." he tells me.

I reach over and take my hand in his.

"Hey..nothing bad is going to happen. And I'm here too, so I'll watch as well. But we really need to sleep, alright? I can't have you cranky and moody in the morning." I joke, pulling him down to lay next to me.

Harry lets out a small sigh and nods, wrapping his arm around me.

"You're right, as always. But I'm just nervous. About everything." he says.

I raise my brow and try to turn on my side before wincing and laying back. "Like what?" I ask.

Harry frowns at my pain and kisses my cheek softly, then turns on his side and looks at me.

"Well...after he came out, when he wasn't crying or breathing...I was so scared, Birdie. I thought we had lost him." he confesses.

Harry's words bring tears to my eyes and I shake my head, looking over at Ethan, sleeping soundly in his crib.

"He's fine now, baby. And he's going to be  fine. I promise." I tell Harry.

Harry nods, looking over at Ethan before resting his head against the pillows. "I hope you're right."

And at that, I knew neither of us would be able to get any sleep.