Chapter 26

I'm pregnant.

I'm engaged.

How the hell did this all happen so fast?

"Birdie? Hello? Earth to Birdie..." I hear.

I snap my head over to Louis, who's sitting next to me on my bed.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?" I ask.

Louis smiles small at me and leans against my headboard.

"You seem so distant. You should be excited, happy. You're getting married and having a baby. I'm going to be an uncle!" Louis exclaims.

I smile small and nod slowly, rubbing my stomach some.

"Right."

"So, where's Harry at again?" he asks.

I look out towards the window and sigh. "He said that he just needed time to clear his head. The day after I told him that I was pregnant he told me that he needed a bit of space. Some time to think and shit. Hes been gone for a week now. "

Louis scoffs, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "His an idiot. He should be here for you. How do you feel about all of this?"

I lean against him, smiling at the TV and his words.

"I'm..nervous. Scared. I hate feeling like this. I mean, I'm so young, Lou. And I just wanted a new job and by the time I actually get it, I'm going to be ready to pop. And what if Harry doesn't actually want me? I can't...I hurts just thinking about it." I confess.

I invited Louis over the second Harry left.

After I told him, we ate our pizza and watched movies while talking about our future. It was amazing. But when we got in bed, I watched as Harry began pacing, up for hours until he finally came to bed. 

The next morning, he left for his penthouse, claiming that he needed to go think and whatever.

Louis looks at me, then kisses the top of my head and sighs. "Birdie...I love you. You know that. We all love you. And even if Harry does leave, you are more than capable of raising your child. I'm positive everyone you know will help pitch in if you need help. But I know...I know, Birdie, that everything will be fine. Harry will come back and it'll all be fine." he tells me.

I smile at him and kiss his cheek gently. "Thanks, Lou. That means a lot." I tell him.

He smiles down at me and squeezes me closer.

For the next few hours we just say in my bed watching movies and Keeping Up With The Kardashian's until finally I had to get up.

After stretching my legs and arms, I grabbed Louis's hand and we walked downstairs.

"So, what do you want to do? It's still a little early, like, 3:30 ish." Louis says.

I smile and shake my head. "No. I just want some good and to go out of something. Maybe see a movie?"

Louis nods and we walk into my kitchen, only to stop as I see Harry digging through my fridge.

"What the hell?" I exclaim, walking forward and pushing Harry out of the way.

Harry looks at me a bit shocked at my outburst and aggressiveness.

"What are you doing? You can't just leave for a week, no calls or texts and then just dig around in my damn fridge!" I shout, continuing to push on Harry's chest.

Harry looks at me, then turns his head to the side, not even bothering to speak up for himself.

I feel my eyes start to well up with tears and I push Harry into the counter. "I thought you had left me. That you didn't want me or the baby..." I mutter, looking down.

Harry's mouth drops open and he steps forward, tilting my chin up.

"How could you think that?" he asks, looking at me.

His voice was low and shaky.

"I couldn't do that to you, Birdie. I love you." he tells me, cupping my face in his hands.

"Then where were you? Why did you leave?" I whisper.

Harry smiles small, glancing over at Louis.

"I was buying baby stuff. Unisex things. I panicked, started buying a bunch of stuff. It's all at my place" he tells me.

I look up at him, my eyes wide as I step back. "Are you serious?"

Harry nods and I hear Louis scoff  and I turn to face him.

Louis looks at me, grinning, then looks over at Harry.

"You're an ass for doing that to her. She thought that you left her, mate. Why didn't you just call?" Louis asks.

Harry rubs the back of his neck and shrugs. "I never thought about it. I didn't know that you'd feel this way, baby. I honestly didn't.  Let me make it up to you." he says, taking my hand in his.

I smile small and nod, squeezing his hand.

Harry lets out a soft chuckle and hugs me tight, kissing my cheeks softly.

"Thank you. So, what did you have planned? Or, do you want to do something here?" he asks.

I pull away from him and look over at Louis who shrugs and grabs his jacket from the back of the couch.

"Actually, we were going to go see a movie." I tell Harry, grinning.

Harry smiles and nods, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Sounds great to me. Are you gonna change?"

I look down at my ripped blue jeans and maroon sweater before shrugging. "Nah, I'm comfy." I tell him, making Louis laugh.

After putting on my shoes and grabbing my phone and keys, the boys and I head out towards Harry's jeep, parked in the driveway.

Once we got in and down the road, Louis plugs his phone into the AUX as we drive into town.

"Any suggestions?" he pipes up form the back.

I look over at Harry before grinning. "Do you have Kiwi?"

Harry blushes and playfully nudges me before his voice starts filling the speakers of the Jeep.

"She worked her way through a cheap pack of cigarettes. Hard liquor mixed with a bit of intellect. And all the boys, they were saying they were into it. Such a pretty face, on a pretty neck."  We all sing.

"She's driving me crazy, but I'm into it, but I'm into it.

I'm kind of into it. It's getting crazy, I think I'm losing it, I think I'm losing it. I think she said 'I'm having your baby, it's none of your business.'" Harry sings, winking at me.

I blush and cover my face with my hands, regretting my choice of song.

For once, I was glad Harry was a fast driver, because by the time the song had ended, so did our trip and we were all heading into the movie theatre.