Chapter 2

I hurriedly rushed into the hospital. Oh please, let him be safe. Don't take him away from me. Please. I'm begging you.

There, I saw him lying on the bed inside the ICU, he became thinner. I noticed the tubes connected to his body. Why does it have to be him? Why not me?

"The doctor said that we will be needing bunches of money for the transplant. He also told me that they have to know our answer by tonight. What are we going to do, MinHye?" Eomma asked.

I slowly wiped my tears off my face.

I can't lose him, he's all I wanted. He's the reason why I keep on working hard for our future.

Then I remembered the call earlier. No! I'm not going to take it, no way.

Quit it, MinHye. This is for MinHyun, do this for him. Forget about that damn pride, and accept the offer.

"Tell the doctor that we will be accepting the transplant option."

My Eomma's eyes widened, "Where are we going to get a big amount of money?"

"D-Don't worry about that." I hugged her, "I'll go ahead. Tell him that I love him so much once he wakes up."

She nodded her head, "Take care and go back as soon as possible."

"I will."

I went to the parking area and hopped in my car. I dialed that so-called Kang JaeHyun's number and after few rings he answered it.

"Yoboseyo? It's me, Song MinHye." I cleared my throat.

[Oh, it's you, Miss Song. What can I do for you?]

"Let's talk."

[Arasseo. The SM's building is always welcome for you.]

I ended the call and started driving my way to that damn selfish building. Tell me that I'm doing the right thing, please?

MinHyun's face flashed in my mind. This is for you, MinHyun.

--

I'm still thinking if I should go inside or not. It feels like hell knowing that I'll be entering this damn building again.

I told myself before that I'll do my best not to be connected with this company anymore. It still hurts me.

The pain is still in my heart, my mind and my soul. And I think it will always be there.

I remembered how this company ruined my life. Who would've known that I'll be here again, and damn it, I'm needing the money that they're offering.

I let out a deep sigh and decided to go inside.

Wooh!

This is it MinHye. Hwaiting!

I asked the front desk where I can find that oh-so-Kang-Jae-Hyun's office, and gladly, they told me how to get there.

Every step I take feels like a hammer hitting me. Cold sweats are forming in my forehead. I saw familiar faces. Some things never change, really.

I knocked three times and went inside.

"Annyeong haseyo. Song MinHye imnida." I coldly said.

"Annyeong haseyo. Please be seated."

So, this is Kang JaeHyun. He's pretty handsome, he looks like Kang MinHyuk.

"You look like Kang MinHyuk." I mumbled.

He chuckled, "He's my cousin, though my skin is fairer."

"Whatever. Let's get down to business." I cleared my throat, "I am accepting your offer."

"Well, that's a good news." He handed me a folder and a pen, "Sign this."

I started reading the contract, and as far as I read, it's all good.

"The money will be given to you by the end of the photoshoot which is probably next next week." He played with the pen on his hand.

"What? Can't I have it by tomorrow?"

I need the money already, so they can do the transplant for MinHyun.

"Why rush, Miss Song?"

"I badly need the money by tomorrow, I have to pay for MinHyun's operation."

"And who's MinHyun?" He arched a brow.

"It's none of your damn business, Mr. Kang."

"And how will I know that you won't runaway with our money?"

I shrugged, "Cut it, Mr. Kang. In business, you have to trust your partner. Have me reported on the news and over the newspapers, scatter my pictures everywhere and give a reward to someone who'll surrender me. That's it, as easy as wringing your neck."

He chuckled, "Chill, Miss Song. I'll work on it."

I rolled my eyes on him and stood up, "I'll be going."

I left his office and walked my way out of this freaking building. I want to get out of here as soon as I can, because everything here is suffocating me.

"MinHye." I heard someone call.

I looked up and saw KyungSoo. What the? I'm not ready to see them. It's not yet the right time to have the meet-your-ex moment.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

My heart is pounding, I looked behind him and checked if he's with someone. With great luck, he's with no one.

"I.. I just settled things up." I plastered a smile on my face, "I have to go."

I continued walking my way out.

Gosh! It's SMEnt's building and there's a big possibility that you'll see him, MinHye. I thought you've moved on already? Now, what's this?

No. The pain and the anger is still haunting me in my dreams. When will it stop? Tell me, when?