Chapter 14

"Eomma said that they'll visit here tomorrow, is it fine?" He asked as he takes a sip of his coffee.

"Yeah, that's cool." I watched his adam's apple move, and gosh, is he seducing me? 'Cause it's working, I mean 'cause it will never work on me. I forced myself to look away, maybe I should just watch over MinHyun than look at that sexy adam's apple. What am I saying? Where the hell did I get that?

"Appa," MinHyun called him.

"Hmm?" He replied.

"Will you let me see EXO?" Geez. Here we go again. Maybe MinHyun really likes EXO that much, huh?

I saw Suho smiled, "Of course, I'm going to take you to our dorm once you get discharge."

"Really, Appa? I want to see XiuMin Hyung and the other members as soon as possible!" Happiness. You can see it in MinHyun's eyes. Oh, how much I want to stare at those eyes until my last breath. Life is so unfair.

"You have to get well soon so you can visit our dorm already. Who else do you wanna see except EXO? I'll bring you to him or her." He really wants to make everything up to MinHyun.

Me, sitting here and watching the two of them talk like this is perfect. A perfect image for a family. Until when will I see this moment? Ugh. Stop this, MinHye. MinHyun will survive, okay? Keep that in mind and trust God.

"Uhm. I want to see.." MinHyun acted like he's thinking of someone, "G-Dragon!"

I started laughing when I saw Suho's face fell down. He doesn't know how to bring MinHyun to G-Dragon, trust me. He's acting like Superman earlier, like he can give whatever MinHyun wants and now maybe he's thinking of what reason to say.

"MinHyun," He gently said, "He's from different company. He's from YG Entertainment, Appa is working in SM Entertainment. That's two different companies, okay?" He explained.

"Ahhh. Then take me to Taecyeon Hyung, Appa!" MinHyun smiled like he's a genius while Suho's face started to darken.

He doesn't know what to tell him anymore, maybe. He messed MinHyun's hair and said, "Taecyeon sunbae-nim is working under JYP Entertainment, MinHyun. I am from S.M., SM okay?"

MinHyun pouted, "But you told me that you'll bring me to anyone I would like to meet."

Suho looked at me, asking for help. I just nodded my head like 'Just agree and I'll do the work'. He faced MinHyun, "Arasseo. I'll bring you to them."

"Yehey~" MinHyun rejoiced and faced me, "Did you hear that Eomma? Appa will bring me to EXO, G-Dragon and Taecyeon Hyung!"

I nodded and smiled back, "That means you have to follow everything the doctor wants so we can get out of here already." I looked at my watch, "It's time to sleep. Do you want Eomma to sing you goodnight?"

"Aniyo, Eomma. I want Appa to sing for me."

He's starting to bond with Suho a lot, that's a good thing. They have to enjoy each second together, because we don't know when will it end. D-mn it, I can't still accept it. Suho sat on the bed and said, "I'll sing our song 'Into you world'."

"That's my favorite, Appa!"

"Jinjja?" He caressed MinHyun's face, "Whatever happens always remember that you are Appa and Eomma's angel, okay?"

MinHyun nodded and smiled as Suho started to sing. I just stared at them the whole time. After few minutes, MinHyun fell asleep.

The door opened and we saw Eomma entered, "MinHye, JunMyeon, the doctor wants to talk to you."

I looked at him and turned to Eomma, "Arasseo, Eomma."

Maybe he'll tell us about the results of the tests earlier. I was praying for better results while we're walking our way to the doctor's office. I want to hear a good news.

--

"His disease is getting worse, the holes are getting bigger." He held up something up, the xray result and pointed something, "These are the holes before," Then he held another one, "While these are the holes now. You can see that the size is twice bigger than before."

"I can pay for any operation, just name the price." Suho said.

The doctor shook his head, "Sorry, Mr. Kim. There's nothing we can do--"

"What do you mean by 'there's nothing you can do'?" We've been here for an hour already and it's the first time I spoke. My hands are trembling as I mutter those words.

The doctor sighed and faced me, "You're son's condition is on it's terminal case. All I can do is give him medical prescriptions of what medicines to take to prolong his life, an extension as what other patients call it."

I opened my mouth to say something but I ended up closing it again. I was speechless, I don't know what to do. If I should cry first or if I should start shouting now.

Terminal case. My whole life is a mess right now and I don't think I can ever fix it again, "That means dead end, right? Terminal case." I said almost whispering.

I didn't know what happened. In a snap, I found myself crying and shouting and cursing and throwing everything inside the doctor's office. This life is a painful joke.

---

I leaned myself to the wall and closed my eyes, thinking of what to do next. We're on the rooftop of the hospital, there's no one else here. I was brought here by Suho, if you're asking me how, I don't know.

"Cry." He mumbled.

With that one word, I started to cry like I'm a being controlled by him. I remembered the last time I cried like this, that was the time I lost everything. Suho, my parents, the career I wanted, everything. And now, I'm going through the pain again. This time, it's ten times harder to accept.

"D-mn this life! When will I ever be happy? D-mn it! When?" I screamed my throat out as I started to punch the wall. I saw my hands bleed, "I thought I did everything! I worked up all night! D'you hear me? Up all night! Just to buy him those expensive medicines! And now.. now they'll tell me that he's dying?"

I felt him hug me from behind and held my hands, "Stop it, stop it. You are tough, MinHye. You are needed, MinHyun needs you. If there's someone who should give him strength it should be you." I heard his voice crack, I tried to pull away and hurt myself again but I can't. He's just too strong, "Stop hurting yourself, please. We'll be.. We'll be strong enough for him, right? We will."

How am I going to be tough when I know that my son can die anytime now?