Chapter 12

Why did he pay for MinHyun's operation? Does he know about him? Who told him?

Damn. I ran my way to the operating room. I saw Eomma crying. I hugged her tight and cried.

"The doctor said we should wait here and pray for MinHyun." Eomma cupped my face, "Calm down, MinHye. He'll be fine, your son is tough like you, remember?"

I nodded my head and wiped my tears. I held her hands, "Eomma," I cleared my throat, "JunMyeon, he.. he paid for it."

"I know, I know. He's in the chapel, you two should talk."

What? Did he visit MinHyun? Oh my. I went to the hospital's chapel and saw him.

I sat next to him, "Why did you pay for my son's operation?"

"Because he's my son too." His voice is full of disappointment.

"Who told you?" No doubt, he knows about him.

"Remember when you left Busan? I followed you. I saw him, he's.." He closed his eyes like he's hurting, "He's a little me. That's how I exactly look like when I was a kid. I told EXO about him and ChanYeol told me the truth." He turned to me and I saw that his eyes are turning red, "I.. I'm sorry, for being a jerk and for leaving you when your world is falling apart." He held my hand and squeezed it, which made me cry harder, "I searched for you but I never saw you again, your Appa told me that he kicked you out. He didn't tell me that you're really pregnant." He rubbed his eyes with his hand, "I.. I want to kill myself when I found out what happened to you especially now that MinHyun is sick."

I don't know what to do, the anger is starting to fade away. This time, I just want to listen to him.

"I want to.. I want to be with him for a long time, I want to make it up to him and I want you to know how much I regret leaving you." He just cried everything out.

When he was already calm, I told him about MinHyun's situation, "He was just six months when I noticed about it. I took him to the nearest hospital and they told me that he has PDA, there are holes in his heart. Large holes." He placed his arms over my shoulder and pulled my closer, "They said that the holes will eventually close as time goes by, but not with MinHyun's case. It didn't close. I know what will happen next that's why I worked really hard to find money for him."

He hugged me and caressed my back, "I'm here now, we're all in this together. I promise."

"I'm so scared, so scared of what will happen now. This is his 3rd heart attack and I know this is something serious, but I'm not ready for it. I can't live without him." I was crying in front of him and I didn't know that I can do that again after almost 5 years.

I never thought I can be this close to him again. I don't what he did but I can't find the anger in my heart anymore. It disappeared.

After few hours we went back to the operating room, the operation is still on going and I don't know what time will it end. Suho went to the hospital's cafeteria and came back with snacks on his hands.

He gave Eomma's food then he sat next to me, "Do you want some?" He asked.

"I'm not hungry, I'll just take the water." He handed me the water and I gladly accepted it.

"Don't you have any schedule today?" Because it's 2 in the morning.

He shook his head, "I'm free for the entire week. I want to bond with MinHyun, I'm lucky because my schedule is on my side."

"You don't have to do that. You can just visit him when you're free."

He held my hand, "I told you, I want to make it up."

Then the door of the operating room opened and the doctor went out. I walked to the doctor immediately and I felt JunMyeon stood next to me.

"Miss Song, I have to talk to you in private." He looked at Suho, "Just the two of us."

"He's.. He's MinHyun's father," I pointed Suho, "Can he come with me?"

The doctor nodded, I looked at Eomma, "We'll just talk to the doctor, Eomma. Are you okay here?" Eomma nodded.

The doctor started to walk and we followed him. We went inside his office, "Have a seat." He pointed the chairs in front of his desk.

I sat in front of him while Suho sat next to me, "What are we going to talk about?"

He sighed first that made my hands tremble, I felt Suho's hands calming mine, "Let's get this straight to the point Ms. Song and Mr. Kim, your son won't take long. 3 months will be the longest--"

"How dare you put an expiration date on my son's life?!" My uncontrollable tears started to fall, "This is too much! We paid for it! We f*cking paid for it! And you'll tell me that my son will die in 3 months?" I grabbed his collar, "Who.. Who are you to tell me that my son--"

"Calm down, MinHye." Suho hugged me from the back.

I let go of the doctor's collar and fell on the floor. I started to cry my heart out. I don't know what to do anymore. What did I do that made me deserve this?

3 months? 3 months is too fast. How can he bond with Suho? How am I going to make things right in three damn months?

I never thought that I'll ever reach this point, I did everything I can to save him. I can't let MinHyun go. I just can't.

Suho stood me up and guided me out of that f*cking doctor's office. He wiped my tears off my face, "We'll go to MinHyun, he can't see you like that."

I nodded my head and fixed myself. I have to cheer MinHyun up. We'll be happy, we have to be happy in front of him.