~Chapter Thirty Nine~

~Previously~

Flavio followed close to me, holding up the tail of the dress with delicacy. I glanced over my shoulder for a moment, seeing the two left in the room.

"Should we really leave those two alone?" I questioned Flavio quietly.

"They'll come along eventually, trust me." He reassured me, winking as well.

~~~

And just as the god Flavio predicted along came a snarky redhead, strutting towards us in utter confidence. A shit-eating grin marking his face.

"Took ya long enough." I said, wary of where I was stepping.

He shrugged, that grin still extremely present.

Looking over my shoulder I noticed a certain other did not join us. "Is he coming?" I questioned Al.

Allen shrugged once again and replied, "We'll have to wait and see."

I glanced towards him for a second, the mere feeling of arrogant was spewing from him.

"What's with you?" I inquire. Allen turns to me, innocent looking, and says "Whaddyu mean?"

"You're acting more snarky than usual."

"Snarky?" He questions back, raising a brow.

"Yeah, snarky; snide, arrogant, bashful etc."

Allen looks away dramatically and says innocently, "I have no idea what you're talkin about."

Squinting my eyes in suspicion, I glare at Al for a moment. "I'm keeping an eye on you."

"Oh please do." Allen states, winking as well. Rolling my eyes in annoyance, I turn my attention back to the floor.

~~~

"What in the world is this?" A large wooden box stood in an empty room, pondering the police officer out of his wits. The two cops who had once entered (Name)'s home were back, although this time investigating her home for anything illegal. Henry, the ginger haired police officer who simply didn't want any problems gazed up at the huge 7 foot boxes. In the extra room of the young woman's apartment stood three looming boxes, all of which read "FRAGILE" and "THIS SIDE UP" with red arrows pointing towards the top. All of the boxes had one broken side which showed the empty insides. On each left side of them was a ripped plastic square which encased confusing papers. They had names, dates, and other things written on them. All of which were very, very, strange.

"What do you think it means?" Questioned Ryan, the new southern recruit. Ryan stroked his stubbly chin, pondering on ideas and theories.