~Chapter Fifty~

~Previously~

"Sorry kid." I see the man mouth.

I turn in horror as all of my friends are laid out against the concrete, lifeless, and silent.

"NO!" I scream as I rush to cling onto the closest body to me, ---

"MATT!" I reach under his heavy, lifeless body. His usual bright pigments of violet were reduced to a glossy finish. I brushed my palm against his cold cheek as my hot tears sprinkled down his freckled face. I held my breath as the anxiety and terror shook me back and forth.

This wasn't happening.

This couldn't be happening.

More than my heart ached, my body physically felt in pain. As if my soul truly was screaming out. I looked back to the monster who did this, but just as I turned I felt something strike me at the back of my head. As my vision began to black out all I could whisper out was, "I'm sorry."

~~~

GASP

I take in deep breaths of air, coughing instantly when my lungs were overflowed. My palms filled with the sense of a familiar touch, the sheets underneath my hands shocking my mind.

"I'm... home?"

My gaze scans the room, it truly was my bedroom. My home. My apartment which I left behind so long ago, yet, somehow I had returned to. I moved and dangled my legs over the side of my bed, just about to get off when it hit me.

"Could it all have been a dream?" The cliche of the words coming out of my mouth haunted me and I hated to think that maybe it could be true. I looked down at my clothes, they were my clothes. My phone in its usual place. Everything was normal. Yet, I wasn't.

I got up and rushed to the bathroom, looking for the dent behind the door that Matt had previously swung open once.

Nothing. Not a scratch. Not even a dent.

"No, no, no, no." I began muttering underneath my breath, reality catching up with me.

I rushed to the kitchen looking for everything I ever used, all the vegetarian things I bought for Al. Nothing.

The candle, that Luciano had gotten. Missing.

The open stacks of Gilmore Girls DVDs. Stacked.

The torn Monopoly cards. New.

The spare bedroom containing their once severed boxes. Empty.