~Chapter Forty-Nine~

~Previously~

"There's been an order, you're being shut down."

~~~

"What?"

"Yeah, headquarters sent me the email this morning. It was decided yesterday." The worker's gaze looks past me, seeing the whole group behind me.

"Wait, why are they all out?" He said with frustration in his tone, pushing the door I was defiantly holding onto.

I had to think of something and something fast. Suddenly the figurative lightbulb above my head flipped on.

"You know what, I'm pretty sure headquarters just emailed me now saying that order's been revoked," I say slyly, desperately trying to keep the distance between him and this damn door.

He furrows his brows, then looks at my attire again. His mouth twitches, and he begins to narrow in on me.

"What division are you with?" He says, springing a tablet from behind him and typing rapidly with his fingers.

My eyes go wide with worry as I realize this lie didn't pan out the way I wanted it to. This could be the end.

"The uh," I look behind me in a dire time of need, seeing their faces just as stressed as mine, then I spot Gillen and once again the lightbulb appears.

"The mechanic! I am the mechanic they sent down to help fix Gillen." I try to smile, try to stay civil but the blood rushing through my veins is icy cold with dread.

Once again he looks at me questionably, "You mean, 24601?"

A beady drop of sweat starts to roll down my forehead, I itch my elbow instinctively out of anxiety.

"Yes! It's just I've gotten so acquainted I don't normally call them by their code." I am somehow managing this situation yet it still feels like it's going south.

"Nevertheless, I've got my orders." With that, he pulls out a small black device with a speaker at its end and points it my direction. The noise is barely audible but still a high pitched wave, I claw my fingers over my ears clinging onto my head trying to block the sound. Along with the pitch, the echoing sounds of thuds floods my mind and the pain becomes unbearable. I yelp as the sound finally goes away, regaining my composure and wiping my tears.

"Sorry kid." I see the man mouth.

I turn in horror as all of my friends are laid out against the concrete, lifeless, and silent.

"NO!" I scream as I rush to cling onto the closest body to me, ---

~~~

You may either vote in the assigned form or vote in the comments!