Chapter 22

comment and vote <3

Soundtrack

Bubbly - Colby Caillat
It starts in my soul
And I lose all control
When you kiss my nose
The feeling shows

The Story - Brandie Carlile
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true
I was made for you

***

The Winter Formal signified the end of the semester, and we were all thankful for the break the holidays offered us.

With the exception of Christmas, which I spend with my parents, I find myself at the barn every day of break. I spend my day's tending the horses, working with Alice, and spending time with Tilly and Tyler.

Tyler.

After the Winter Formal, things between he and I suddenly evolved. While the change wasn't something we immediately rushed to place a label on, it was obvious to everyone that we were no longer 'just friends,' as I'd been saying for so long.

The most damning evidence being the fact that I can't spend ten minutes in his presence without feeling compelled to kiss him.

If I were an addict, Tyler's kisses would be my drug of choice.

And I know that I should probably feel embarrassed. I almost do sometimes.

Until he kisses me again, and then suddenly I can't bear to feel anything but happy.

***

"Easy girl," I calm, pulling up on the reins. Alice slows to a walk, her nose dipping towards the grass that borders the trail. 

"Hey!" I scold. "That's not for eating!"

I swear, the horse gives me a death glare.

I stick my tongue out mockingly when Tilly and Amethyst pull up beside me.

"Beat cha," I tease.

Tilly rolls her eyes. "You cheated."

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did n- you know what, I'm not falling for this again," she chuckles.

I grin. "You're learning."

"Shut up."

I laugh, guiding Alice around the next bend in the path.

"What time is Jace getting back?" Tilly asks after a beat.

"His plane should be landing any minute now, but he won't be over here till tonight," I say fondly. "I think him and Trinity want a little time alone first."

She smirks. "And by that you mean they're going to maul each other's faces off for a good hour or two."

I roll my eyes. Jace has been visiting family in Seattle since the start of break, and both he and Trinity have been miserable without each other.

I would know, as they've both been talking my ear off all week about their pain and suffering. 

"So," I start, changing the subject "Last day of the year. Any resolutions?"

She smiles. "To live life for me again."

Tilly's words are still swimming around my head when we get back to the barn. After we turn the mares out, I tell her I'm going to go home and freshen up before tonight.