Chapter 10

Normani's POV

I prop my feet up on the coffee table and pull the joint from my pocket. I'm not new to this smoking shit but I don't do it often, until now. Usually we smoke like two or three times a month, we already achieved three but here I am. If I'm gonna try to tap into a drug dealer, I'm gonna have to step my high up. I turn the volume up on my phone and close my eyes, listening to music while high is a FEELING.

Oh baby, look what you started
The temperature's rising in here
Is this gonna happen?
Been waiting and waiting for you to make a move
Before I make a move

"So baby come light me up and maybe I'll let you on it, a little bit dangerous but baby that's how I want it, a little less conversation and a little more touch my body cause I'm so into you, into you, into you" I sing lowly while slowly bopping my head

My mind drifts off to a memory of us all, I chuckle to myself and bring the joint back to my lips.

*Flashback*

"Yo! Let's go!" Quincy yells, snapping in our faces

"Why?" Choie asks

"It's a big ass dog in here" He says

Just as I'm about to ask what it looks like I hear low growling, I slowly look down and it was right there.

"AHHHH SHIT!" Ally screams

We start running and this nigga start chasing us, cool. We hop the fence and so do this mothafucka.

*Flashback Over*

The shit almost bit me when we were halfway through an alley but my gymnastics came into play at that point.

I get a FaceTime call from Ally and I smile as her face pops up.

"Ally! How you doing love?"

"Mani you're high"

"Lol, I know I'm Mani Allyson"

"That's not-anyway, why the sudden increase in weed?"

"I wanna try something new"

"Ok Zendaya, you sure it's not for a certain interest?"

"Funny, although Neverland is a bop!"

"I can read you like a book, stop changing the topic"

"That's one wild assumption"

"On another note, Darold and I will be here to help, occupation doesn't define the person"

"Thank you Ally, my lil A-Town, my sunshine, my-"

"Goodnight Normani, be safe on your run"

"I'm tripping down the sidewalk"

"Hopefully you don't"

"Night Alligator, get it? Your name is Ally and you just swap the 'Y' for the 'I' and-"

She hangs up and I pout, wow ok. I switch into a pair of shorts and put on black running shoes, I start making my way down town...

After a few minutes of running, I slow down to a jogging pace, to catch my breath. I look to the left of me and see 'LJ' walking on the opposite side.

"LJ!" I call out

She looks around before her eyes land on me and she stops in her tracks. Her jaw clenches then she turns the corner.

She's so difficult but it's kinda fun, a small smile breaks out on my face at my thoughts.

I'm gonna make it my mission to get to know her.

A/N: That last line sound a lil creepy but it's not supposed to so-