Chapter 40

*A week Later*

Lauren's POV

Over the days I have dealt with everything much better than I originally was. It's not all the way good but I have some sense of serenity.

"Mamá, let's go shopping for Leo" Aaliyah smiles

"Alright, go put your shoes on" I say

She goes into her room and I quickly get dressed in a white T-Shirt, red and black flannel, and black ripped jeans with a gold zipper on the knee area. I go into the closest and pull out a pair of Jordan's.

I go into Aaliyah's room to see what she's doing and see her distracted by the TV

I go into Aaliyah's room to see what she's doing and see her distracted by the TV. I turn it off and put her shoes on for her, we leave out and head to the mall.

************************************************

I pick up my drink and take a big sip while glance around the restaurant. Out the corner of me eye I see a guy that were at the last two places we were at and another one across the room.

Being that Normani's house is the closest, I ask Aaliyah if she wants to go over there. She nods her head and I throw our stuff out, I grab her hand tightly and walk out. I go to the pay phone to call her incase they tapped into my phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe"

"Lauren? Why are you on a pay phone?"

"Cause my phone might be tapped into, are you home?"

"Yea, why are you whispering?"

"Something's about to happen and I need you to take Aaliyah"

"Sure"

"Thanks, have your door unlocked"

"Okay"

I hang the phone up and quickly put Aaliyah in her seat and get into the drivers seat. I watch the two guys walk out and I wait to see what car they get into before pushing down on the gas.

"Liyah"

"Hmm?"

"I love you a lot"

"I love you too mamá" She smiles

"Even if I'm not here, I'll still love you. Remember that, forever" I say

"Mhm"

I look in my rear view mirror and see the car ganging up on me. I make a sharp turn and press harder on the gas, swerving in and out of lanes. I manage to be out of sight after a few more swerves and turns, I turn onto Normani's block and throw the car in park as I pull up. I get Aaliyah and walk into the house, calling for Normani.