Chapter 20

Normani's POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANI!"

I take a bite of my food and smile at them.

"Awe thank you guys, this omelette is bomb" I say

"Not knowing how to cook in this economy??" Quincy asks

"Can't relate" Choie says

"We should go get the stuff for the barbecue in about two hours" Ally says

"I hope I don't get bit up in this park" I sigh

When we get to the supermarket we start balling out and piling up carts.

"Damn we bout to be laced" Quincy laughs

I nod my head and start piling my cart with the food. I get corn, five boxes of macaroni noodles, ten packs of hamburgers, fifteen packs of hotdogs, twenty packs of ribs, a few packs of steak, and chicken. Also a few packs of sausages, a few bags of shrimp, and a couple green peppers for the kabobs.

Quincy grabs a few bags of chips and Choie gets five cases of Aquafina water and three bottles of Coke and Sprite. When we're done getting the stuff we have 3 carts and a basket of stuff and we ring everything up and it comes up to over $800... We each put in a lil over $200 and head out.

After dropping the food off at my house we go to the liquor store and Ally gets sixteen bottles of ciroc, four peach, four red berry, four regular,and four pineapple. Eight bottles of patron, ten bottles of Hennessy, twelve bottles of Bacardi, and three cases of myx moscato. We make multiple trips back and forth to the car before finally heading to my house to prepare the food.

************************************************

The others just left to go get ready and so do I, after I'm done I go back into the kitchen where my parents are. I attempt to take a noodle from the Mac and Cheese and my mom pops my hand.

"Just one!" I whine

"Just one my ass, there's gonna be almost two hundred people there" My dad says

"They just gon have to not be greedy today" I say

"If that's the case, that applies to you too" My mom laughs

"Alright, alright, what about the potato salad?" I ask

She smiles and shakes her head, I give up and take a picture of my outfit and post it to Instagram.

NormaniKordei: 23 like Mike 👀🎈🍾

I answer more birthday messages and I let out a kool-aid smile when Lauren likes the pic, she DM's me which causes me to smile bigger if that's possible.