Chapter 39

Normani's POV

I finish doing my hair and Lauren comes into the bathroom with black jeans and a white wife beater on and two shirts in her hands.

"Which one?" She asks

"Mmh, that one"

She puts the black button up on and touches around her eyes.

"Wow I look like shit, it look like somebody beat my ass" She chuckles

"Get your glasses" I say

"I will"

I put my dress on and go into her room to get my heels.

I grab her glasses and put them on for her

"How you feel?" I ask

I rub the back of her neck and she leans her head on my stomach.

"I don't know, I'm sad, angry, lost, a big part of me is gone. I don't know what to do."

It's been almost two weeks since Mr. Santana passed and as expected she's gotten worse at dealing with everything. She's high almost every second of the day, some days she sleeps away, some days she doesn't sleep at all.

"I'm not gonna gas you up and say everything's okay cause it's not, nothing's gonna be the same. But as time passes things will make more sense, as time passes you'll come to terms with everything, as time passes everything will be okay. I'll help you find the Serenity you need." I say

She stands up and wraps her arms around me tightly with a small smile, she kisses the side of my mouth and takes my hand.

************************************************

The funeral goes on and Lauren keeps a straight face the whole time. People start going up to speak about Mr. Santana and she shifts uncomfortably. She takes Aaliyah from Justine and sits her on her lap, bouncing her leg.