2:23 The Spider Demon Lord

An army of screaming souls swirled all around Sam as they surged towards the center of the pit where Arachne had fallen after his defeat. The souls converged and spun into a magnificent vortex that lit the bottom of the cavern up with white light and produced a biting wind. Sam and Ji had to retreat under fits of coughing as the wind kicked the Dust up into the air once more.

Glimpses of what was transpiring inside the cyclone could be seen which only left Sam more confused as to what was happening. He saw what he swore was a woman inside the cyclone floating in the fetal position engulfed in a cradle of light. The light show ended as the soul vortex imploded and finally the rebirthed Arachne stood before Sam and Ji with his new title and rejuvenated HP.

The Patriach of Magick, as he was now called, was an awe-inspiring sight. No amount of anime viewing could have prepared Sam for what was now in front of him as Arachne—now covered in a bright blue and white aura—stood tall, lithe, and elegantly dressed in a red and black cloak that would make Dracula jealous. He was a bishi wet dream with long silver hair that reached down to his calves and an androgynous symmetry to his face. His white shirt flowed over him like a summer breeze and covered the entirety of his arms while his matching noblemen pants, long black boots, and red waist sash gave him an extra air of gravitas. Only a few pieces of dark blue armor covered his chest, shins, and hands. More eye-catching than all that was the deep black bladed longsword he held menacingly in his left hand and the glare from his yellow pupils which were encircled in a dark red ring.

"I did not want to deprive these already depraved souls of their chance to see the end of the world, but you have given me no choice. I will have to settle for the two of you in their place."

Sam couldn't help but notice his Dust gauge was still ticking up towards the halfway point.

"Whatever, man! If we're fighting, let's just get it over with."

Sam made a gateway and blew his Dragon's Breath over Arachne. The demon blocked it by creating a magick shield in front of him with his right hand.

"I am a demon lord, one of the most ancient. Such primitive tricks are beneath me, The Great Arachne, King of the Spiders, Patriarch of Magick."

"You talk too damn much!"

Sam dashed in and tried stabbing him, but the demon lord again used his magick shield to block it.

"Sarem, the blade! Don't let it touch you!"

Sam jumped away from Arachne before he could retaliate. Arachne chuckled as he stared over towards Ji.

"That woman, she's smarter than she looks. Tell me, woman, have you heard tales of my blade?"

"Now that I know who you are, I know exactly what that blade is. Arachne's Curse, the blade of petrification."

"I am impressed, but also curious. Exactly how old you must be to know that. No matter. You will be eternal once I cut you down."

Ji grabbed Sam by the shoulder and whispered, "I'll take the lead in the attack and keep him preoccupied while you get in the big blows," before stepping forward.

"As I am cursed with Phoenix's fire, I am already eternal," she said with her blade already in front of her.

"Your body perhaps," Arachne said shrugging, "but your mind is not so eternal."

"Conviction, purpose, and focus keeps the mind sharper than any blade. My mind will not rot, especially when there is work to be done slaying ancient horrors such as yourself."

Ji imbued her blade with flames before sweeping it forward and sending a ground swell of flames racing towards Arachne.

Damn! I gotta get her to teach me that!