The Short Story That Whooped My Ass

It's been a while, hasn't it?  I do apologize for that.  I didn't mean to leave this story hanging for so long, because I have so much more of it to tell.  Sam's journey is nearly at an end and Kalika's just got started (for you guys anyway).  I can't wait to share new Kalika and Sam chapters with you all, but to ease myself back into a regular writing schedule I started with something smaller.

I've been working on a short story starring King Herke for the last few months and its been wreaking absolute havoc on my brain.  Somehow this short became harder to write than any of my novels. For the longest time, I wasn't satisfied with any of it and even scrapped it a few times.  The very idea of it changed over the course of the writing.  I wanted something less then 10,000 words, but its grown to over 10,000.  I know I'm going to have to cut it, but I need to go through and fill it out first with immersive detail. 

For some reason with this short story, I feel the need to make it absolutely 100% perfect, and because of that, something that should have been uploaded here months ago, has actually held me back from the main book.

That was until I changed my tactics.  As it should've been originally, 

Hell's Glitch: NPC Chapters

is now a side project.  I'm going to post the first part of it, The Warrior King and the Dark Blessing of Phoenix here as its own story separate from this one.  The Warrior King is King Herke of Aschelund, who many of you have met or heard of a few times from Sam and Kalika's adventures.  We'll finally see how he went from king of a nation to lowly undead.

Those chapters are coming this month.  For those of you waiting for the main story to pick back up, I will have an  upload for you guys soon.  I can't for the life of me pick a particular date, but I will say you won't have to wait any longer than March for this story to continue, maybe sooner.

The dates are vague because real life is throwing some curveballs my way.  I want to create a glut of content upfront for you guys, because I don't want a series of stop and start releases and I'm not yet satisfied with the current state of my writing.  Unlike before, the distractions around me have prevented me from writing at what I consider my best.  I've been getting there lately, slowly but surely.  So just bear with me a little longer.

BW