still unclear?

Tom hadn't realized how long he's been asleep until he woke up in the hospital at midnight. Edd was in his room sleeping in a chair next to his bed once he looked around the room.
"Edd?" Tom whispered. Edd shifted a bit before opening his eyes and wiping his mouth of slobber. "Eh...what?" He replied, still half asleep. "Are you okay?" Tom asked.  "How about Matt? ...Tord?" He said the last name gently with a hint of sadness. Edd stared at him with the only light in the room coming from the moon through the window. "They're all fine." Edd replied. Tom let out a sigh of relief and smiled. He wasn't worried now that Edd had reassured him that everyone was okay. The brit lied back before falling asleep once more but only to wake up 3 hours later for a blood test. Tom HATED blood tests. It always made him a little anxious to see his blood swirling up a tube and put away for someone else. Gross... After the doctor finished putting the blood tubes away she walked over to Tom and smiled. "Alright." She said. "You seem to be fine but you do have a category 3 burn on your leg so try to stay off that for a while." Tom nodded to her as she walked over to a check book, wrote something down and looked over at him. "Your friend hasn't woken up..." She added. "We have just been advised to keep an eye on him." She brushed her blonde bangs out of her eyes and propped Tom's head up. Tom looked at her in disbelief as she turned and walked out of the room. "Edd, you said everyone was okay!" Tom shouted. Edd flinched with a nervous smile. "I-I knew you wouldn't let it go if you knew so I tried to help..." He muttered earning a snort in return. "Well ya didn't." Tom hissed making Edd frown. Just then Patryk burst in huffing and puffing, trying to gain his breath back. "Did you hear about Tord?" He asked. Everyone nodded and he let out a sigh. "How about Matt?" He asked. This time everyone shook their heads, a few seconds later he came into Tom's room with crutches and a leg brace. Edd jumped up, ran over to Matt and attacked him into a huge hug making Matt blush a bit. "You're our early!" Edd stated. Matt nodded at him with a shrug. "My burns weren't so bad. Just a broken leg." Matt replied. Tom rolled his and crossed his arms. He didn't want to be caught up in this sappy crap anyway. All he wanted was to get out of here. Then he suddenly heard shouting and footsteps indicating running in the hallway and his heart dropped. Patryk picked up his phone after getting a text from Paul and his eyes widened. He jumped up and boosted out of the room as the female doctor walked in with her head down. "Umm..." She hummed. "You're free to go but I'd advise you to take it easy on your leg." She handed him a pair of crutches with an odd look. "So I can leave?" Tom asked earning a nodd from her. He smiled. "Thank you." He said to her. "No problem." She replied. Tom looked back at Edd with a shrug. Edd smiled and stood next to Tom who signalled for them to leave. They walked out of the room with Matt behind them. "Should we go check on Tord?" Edd asked.

Tom almost forgot about him. The flood of doctors and Patryk's facial expression didn't exactly help his guilt. Tord was probably dying right now and he had no idea which room he was in. What will he do?