The Red blaze

Tord was sick and tired of being hurt and treated like he was some weak rabbit who can't take care itself. The commie proceeded to slowly and painfully drag himself out from underneath the remains of The Red Army base as the picture of him being back home fueled his strength. Inch by inch he continue to slide out from underneath the rubble, breathing and grunting with every move until he was out. Tord let a sigh of relief escape his mouth as he continue to lie on the ground, allowing himself to heal a bit more before actually moving. He had a lot of time to think about what Tom had said about coming to get him, as if he actually CARED. Tord forced himself to sit up against a cynder block and ignore his screaming muscles. Very slowly he began to stand, grunting and wincing every now and then. Tord was standing as tall as he had before when he noticed movement out of the corner of his eyes. His throat was still filled with dust and blood, making it very hard/painful to speak so he just glared. Suddenly, whatever was moving yelped and fell over while Tord admonished it. Wait... The Norwegian man walked over to the thing that fell over and covered his mouth with his hands when he realized what 'it' was. Mason! Tord dropped down to his knees to help the fidgeting soldier, hoping he was okay. He let out a sigh of relief to see Mason was just scratched and not as terribly wounded as he thought. Mason wiped the dirt from his eyes and smiled nervously. "What happened?" Mason asked, his voice jacked up from inhaling so much smoke. Tord shook his head as he helped the soldier up, wondering if any others were alive. "Are YOU alright?" Mason continued to ask questions until Tord snapped at him. He wasn't being rude but you shouldn't babble after an explosion, there may still be enemies around.
Mason dug in the debris for a few minutes before pulling a gun from under some wood from the pillar supports. "You want this?" Mason asked. Mason was a medic on the field for wounded soldiers and probably didn't even know how to use a gun. Tord nodded at him before the blonde soldier handed the gun to him. Been awhile since Tord has actually used a weapon against anyone but he was hoping that would change soon. He needed to find Cybil and make SURE she swallows the five pounds of lead he had in this gun. Mason slowly made his way down the side of the 'base' on onto the ground with Tord in tow. "Is anyone else alive?" Mason asked the Red Leader, earning a nod in return. The blonde soldier beamed. "Really!" He shrieked. Tord put his hand over the medic's mouth to hush him. Mason nodded contently then made his way around the side of the base. After 3 hours of searching no other soldiers were found alive except for Red Leader and Mason, well...Cybil but she was no longer considered a soldier of his, but a traitor. Tord shook his head as he began to remove his bloody jacket from his shoulders. As he took it off you could see the dents and broken parts of the prosthetic arm. He sighed and fully removed the jacket, revealing the punctures in his chest, neck and shoulders. Mason looked at him in shock, retrieved his medical kit he found in the rubble and slid down onto a sitting position next to Tord. The smol medic fished bandages out of the kit and began to apply them to the cuts and burns on Tord's skin. Tord always liked Mason, he was always the first one to jump into a tight situation and help the wounded, no matter what he would be there if you were in pain. "Takk" Tord choked out, making Mason smile ear to ear. Once the medic,was done, Tord stood up with a painful sign and looked down at Mason. "You need to go home." Mason went on. Tord nodded before letting a "what about you?" Escape his troubled throat. Mason shrugged. "Home probably." He answered sadly. Tord frowned slowly before turning his back and made his way back to the airport.

He was finally going home safely, just like he had promised. Hopefully no one will be mad when he gets back.

Will they even care?