The guilt strike

"Excuse me sir." Tom said to a doctor down the hall. The doctor turned around and looked at Tom before he ran up to him. "Yes?" The doctor asked. Tom searched for the right words before the doctor went on. "I have to go. There is a patient who needs desperate medical attention and I have to be the one to do it." The doctor sneered under his breath making Tom shiver. "Is it Tord Larrsson?" Edd asked not letting Tom speak for himself. The doctor nodded and ran off, signalling Tom and the others to follow him, which. Of course they picked up on. Once they made it down the hall the doctor burst through the door as Tom, Edd and Matt were pushed away. Tom hissed at the man who pushed him away and raised a fist to them but only to be stopoed by the main doctor in the room, Dr. Shawn. He was tall and scary, the kinf of doctor that makes you hate hospitals. "You can't come in here right now." Shawn growled, making Tom back away. "After we get him stable may you come in." Tom shook his head. "Please!" Tom pleaded making Shawn raise an eyebrow and cross his arms. "Let me go in and see him!" Shawn looked back at the doctors inside the room who were already already putting their stuff up and shrugged. "I guess but don't touch anything alright?" Tom nodded quickly, pushed past the doctor and ran over to Tord. He was hooked on life support and looked miserable. Tom cover his mouth his hands and fought back hot tears. Paul and Patt exchanged glances before Tom buried his face in Tord's bed sheets. Edd frowned and tapped Matt on the shoulder, whispered something in his ear and walked out of the room with Matt close behind. Paul and Patt picked up on this and did the same, leaving Tom and Tord alone. "Tord..." Tom sobbed a bit. "If you can hear me...I want you to know that I'm sorry for how I acted." He looked at Tord's unresponsive limp body before going on. "It's my fault you're hurt." He went on. No response came and heavy tears streamed down his face. "Why won't you answer me?!" He yelled. Still no answer came and Tom cried some more. The guilt strike was like a harpoon to the chest, sharp, painful and unforgettable. Suddenly the machine that keeps track of your heart rate started to beep faster and faster. Tom didn't understand what that meant but he had an adrenaline rush and pressed the patient alert button. A few seconds later Dr. Shawn came running in with tool and supplies to help treat Tord. "What happened?!" He shouted. "T-The machine just started beeping and I wasn't sure what that meant so..." Tom replied but then stopped to see Tord open his eyes weakly. Tord didn't do much after that but he did slightly look over at Tom before looking back at the roof. Shawn growled and stormed out of the room as Tom looked at Tord with happy tears. "Tord! I-I'm so glad you're okay!" Tom cheered. Tord looked back at him, slightly turning his head only to reveal a nasty scar/burn on the right side of his body. Tom covered his mouth once more as Tord looked away again. Paul and Patt ran in with joy that their son was alive and invited Edd and Matt in. Everyone was so happy except for Tord. He looked like he just walked through hell and back. AGAIN. "Tord?" Patt asked. "Are you okay?" Tord looked over at him with a nit of sorrow in his eyes and replied. "I-...I....ca-nt..." He struggled to speak but was clearly in pain. Tom shook his head in guilt.

Why did this have to happen? Sure they got into a fight but this? Tom just happy that Tord was alive...For now anyway.