My Underwear

My first day wasn't too bad. I didn't interact with Markus much, but we did make eye contact once or twice, and I feel like he was glaring at me both times.

I had the day off today since he called and told me he wasn't coming into the office, which was fine with me. Lucky for me Dee was off as well, and we went to lunch. I told her what I remembered about the night I slept with him and what he said the next morning in his office. She was just as insulted as I was, if not more.

"What an ass!"

"Right!?"

"I mean...I just...I don't have the words." She said, taking a bite out of her burger; I nodded in agreement.

"I didn't expect anything to come out of it, nor did I expect to say what I said. I was just so angry."

Dee shook her head, "No, don't do that. Don't feel bad for putting him in his place and not putting up with those comments."

I sighed and leaned back in my chair. She was right; I do that a lot. I always feel bad when I yell at someone or call them out on their shit, even if they deserve it. "Yea, he deserved it."

She nodded and shoved a handful of fries in her mouth.

For the next three hours, we talked about work, mostly hers. We talked about some guy she thought was cute and about Markus, even though I didn't want to. She kept saying he was a jerk, but he was cute. I replied with things like 'being cute doesn't give you the right to be a jerk' or 'cute doesn't excuse poor personality.'

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

I looked at my phone. It was Markus. Why was he calling me?

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

I sighed and mouthed his name to my friend, and she rolled her eyes as I swiped to answer the phone. Before I could even say hello, he started speaking,

"I need you to come to the office. We need to talk, and I have some things for you to put for me."

Then he hung up. He demanded I came to the office and hung up. Half of me wanted to not go out of spite because of how rude he was, but the other half realized this was my job and needed it to get where I was trying to go in life.

"I gotta go. He needs me at the office." I got up to leave and began pulling out cash to pay for my half of the bill.

"No, I got it this time."

I hesitated, mentally asking if she was sure by just staring at her, and she nodded. "OK, I'll see you tonight."

She smiled and waved as I passed her and out the door.

                                                                                   ***

I made it to the office in twenty minutes. I paid for the taxi and headed inside. I wasn't really wearing work attire, but I assumed he wanted me there ASAP, so I wouldn't waste time changing.

I took the elevator to the top floor and stepped out when it opened. I greeted a few work friends as I passed their desk, making my way to Markus's office. I knocked and opened the door. Stepping forward and closed the door behind me.

"You wanted to see me?" Without saying a word, he opened his desk drawer and pulled out a pair of black lacy underwear. Not just any black lacy underwear. My black lacy underwear! I was speechless; I didn't know what he expected me to say or do. Honestly, I had forgotten I left them. He stood from his chair and walked around his desk. Walking across the room, stopping when we were only a few inches from me, he lifted my hand and placed my underwear in my hand.