Moved In

Obviously, Dee was not happy with me or my decision. Still, as my best friend, she is obligated to support my dumbass. So there we were unpacking my things...at his place. She hadn't spoken to me the entire ride there. Nor had she said to me the whole time we unloaded the moving truck and her car. An hour into unpacking my things, she still hasn't spoken to me.

I have never had Dee this angry at me. I don't really know if she's mad. For all I know, she could just be processing...Nah, she's definitely pissed.

"Dee. I know you don't understand. I know it doesn't make sense after everything. But, I can't help what I feel."

"I know."

"Please talk to me. Talk, yell, scream something. I hate you mad at me."

"I'm not mad, Janice. I'm just trying to understand," She turned away from the box she was emptying, "I just don't understand. After everything, you two have been through. After all the shit he's done to you, why do you want this."

I didn't know how to explain this. There's no rational way to describe it. I am stupidly head over heels in love with this man.

"Dee. I truly don't know. I don't know how to explain this to you. I just feel it in my heart that he loves me, and I love him."

She nodded and continued to unpack the box of clothes. She didn't need to say anything else, or she just didn't feel the need to. My mind was made up, and she wasn't going to change it.

Not much was said for the rest of the unpacking. It wasn't until Dee was ready to leave when she finally looked at me again.

"I may not understand or like this at all, but you are my best friend, and if this is what you want, I will be here whether it works out or not."

There was a brief hug, and she left. I was left watching her drive away while Markus stayed inside.

I found him in the kitchen making dinner. It surprised me. He didn't seem like the type to cook. I sat on a stool near the counter and watched him silently. There is nothing sexier to me than a man cooking me dinner. It doesn't matter what it is.

"We are having dinner with my parents this weekend."

I just nodded; I figured that would happen. I don't know how his parents will take the news, and I especially don't know how his mother will be. She still picks out women for him to date, and I am definitely not the type she wants for him.

"Stop worrying. It's going to be fine."

"How do you know. I'm your secretary and an aspiring published author. There is obviously going to be some sort of issue with this."

"What they think or say doesn't matter. I want to be with you. At least they can't say I got you pregnant and left you."

I suppose that was true. The reputation would somewhat be saved. Was that all it was? He did say he wanted this, the whole package. I guess only time will tell.

He finished cooking, and he slid a plate towards me. Eggs, bacon, and toast. Simple but delicious. I enjoyed the food with him, watching me with a smile on his face. I smiled, "what?" He just shook his head and continued to watch.