Business Trip pt.2

After the flight, we went straight to the hotel to freshen up. We had two parties or something to get to. Two. In one night. No big deal. Except we had a problem checking in to our rooms.

Markus insisted on doing it himself, so I stood to the side just listening and watching it all frustrate him. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed his frustration, and he was kind of cute when he was. He always got this really stern look and this small line between his brows. Plus, he wasn't frustrated often, and it was fun to see him that way.

"I reserved these rooms months ago." He spoke to the young girl behind the counter in a somber voice.

"I'm sorry, sir, but the other name on the reservation doesn't match what was given us. There's no way for us to change it without canceling the reservation on the room and reserving it again. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee the room will still be available once I've finished the cancelation. We are getting a lot of last-minute reservations."

Markus sighed heavily. He didn't seem to know what else to say to the poor girl. She was doing her job, but it wasn't helping him.

I took this as a go-ahead to intervene. I stepped up to the counter and smiled sweetly at the girl.

"I know we are difficult, but the previous secretary made the reservations months ago. However, those reservations were made for Mr. Turner's first secretary, but she was replaced by me recently, and we didn't have time to change the reserved room to my name instead. Is it at all possible for you to cancel the room, save it somehow and reserve it in my name?" I explained, hoping my calm tone would get me points.

"Let me check with the manager." She said, smiling at me, but it left her face quickly after hearing Markus whisper a breathy 'Finally' behind me. She left the desk going into another room marked 'Staff Only.' I turned to Markus and smacked him in the arm.

"She is only doing her job. You don't have to be such a jerk to her."

"Ow," he said, rubbing his arm.

"Oh please, I barely touched you," I said, turning back to the counter.

The young woman came back, clicked a few keys on her keyboard, and smiled at them both. "My manager was able to override and switch the names. I've just checked you in, and the bell boy will help you to your rooms."

I gave the girl a grateful smile, "Thank you so much." I turned to Markus and looked before following the bell boy who was already picking up our bags. I hadn't packed a lot, so I only had two bags, one for my clothes and such and my purse. Markus, however, had at least two suitcases. How much do you need on a weekend business trip?

We were lead to our rooms. Mine was a floor under his, which was fine maybe he wouldn't bother me on this trip as much. I thanked the bell boy and tipped him. I waited until I heard their footsteps went away before heaving a huge sigh. This was going to be a long weekend.

The room was huge. It had its own living room. I didn't really need it, but if you have money to spend you would want the best. I took my bag into the bedroom and placed it on the bed. I began to unpack, I don't know why I was only here for a few days, but I guess I felt like I had to. Not even a minute into me hanging up the fee dresses I packed, I got a call on my cell. I looked, Markus. I rolled my eyes and debated ignoring it, but I answered it anyway.

"Shower and get ready. There's an event in a few hours."

"Wait, what! Are you serious? I am going to need this event plan of yours if I'm going to be your secretary! You need to inform me of these things long before the time."

His voice sounded amused at my outburst, but he didn't laugh, "Sorry. I'll get you my plan tonight. Wear something formal."

He hung up, and I tossed the phone on the bed, gazing at the dresses I brought. The only formal dresses I brought were a long off-the-shoulder slim mermaid black dress and a long bright blue sleeveless halter neck dress with a front slit. I don't know what type of party it is or may e it is dinner so I don't know which I should wear.