Just When I Needed You Most

We've never really been apart. There was a few times when I was sent to training for a few days out of town or had to go out of state to hunt down a bad guy, but for the most part we are always together. It's strange but the older she gets the more she seems to need me close. I am not quite sure why that is. Except she has no friends. Not really. She doesn't like fake people and so far nearly everyone she has met is fake so she just prefers to go at it alone.

She is also lately very apocalyptic. She can't see a dark cloud in the sky without thinking that the world is going to come to an end. She hates windy days hard rain because she thinks it is just a preamble to the "end of days". Not her fault really. I think I told her when she was young that those things were exactly that and she has believed it ever since. You would think that by now that she has gotten through dozens of thunderstorms in her life she would realize that it isn't true. Yeah, you would think that. 

Recently I spent a couple of days away from the house to take care of an ailing aunt of mine who wasn't doing well. It just so happened to during a time when we had some pretty bad thunderstorms in the area. She didn't take it well. 

As it turned out the world didn't end but when I made it back to the house she did not talk to me for 2 days for, as she put it, "bailing on me just when I needed you most"

As it turned out the world didn't end but when I made it back to the house she did not talk to me for 2 days for, as she put it, "bailing on me just when I needed you most".  I laughed. That added one more day of not talking to me. I actually got some writing done during that time. lol

But in all honesty I understand this type of thinking. Lauren has always been sensitive to the things around her. I don't think she thinks the world will end in some type of natural disaster. I think she fully expects that humans will destroy this planet with their stupidity one day. I don't blame her for thinking that. I believe that too. 

As I write this she is on her phone looking for an app on her phone that will predict the end of the world so she can let me know when it might be, so I can be sure and stay home during that time.  

I will clear my schedule. No place I'd rather be, end of the world or not.