Just a Talk

"I hope so..."

"I know so!"

Keith couldn't help but smile.  His boyfriend is really wants to help him with this situation.  He didn't want to hurt anybody else on the team.  The thought of harming someone actually scared him.  Then there was a muffled voice.  He was so focused in thought that he hit his head on the wall.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!"

Keith was now on the ground rubbing his forehead.  All he could do was glare at his boyfriend.  But failed due to the pain.  Lance just kept on laughing.

"HAHAHAH OH MY GOD HAHAHAH AHA YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW FUNNY THAT WAS HAHAHAHAHA!"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME?!"

"I DID WARN YOU!  BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN!"

Keith then knew that the muffled voice was Lance calling out.  Lance helped Keith up and helped him walk towards his room.

A little while later

"I got the ice pack!"

Keith was laying in bed.  With a bruise on his forehead.

"It still hurts..."

"I tried to warn you."

Keith just ignored what Lance said.  He grabbed the ice pack and placed it on top of his forehead.  While doing this, the red paladin collasped on the bed.  Lance just sat on the floor beside the bed. They've kept it silent for a good 15 minutes. Then Lance broke it.

"Those oleanders were really beautiful..."

"You can say that again... Lance?"

"Yeah?"

"Do ever wish to go back?"

"To where? Plante Abtrice?"

"No, to your... family?"

Lance stayed quiet.  He was so focused on doing voltron stuff or whatever, his family didn't cross his mind in a while.

"Yeah, I remember once Coram showed me the 3-D map, and showed how far away we were from Earth, now just saying this... I realize that probably even farther than before... so how about you?"

"Huh?"

"Do you miss Earth?"

Keith didn't have anything to miss there.  His dad disappeared when he got older, his mom was a galra and she is somewhere in this void people call space.  He never really had anything or anyone to miss.  And nothing missed him there.

"No, not really."

"How come?"

"Well, as I got older, I would see my dad less and less, to the point he went out and didn't return.  And my mom left to go to space to protect from ever finding out I was part galra.  I didn't really have any friends at the garrison-

"But what about all the people that used to surround you back then?"

"Those were just annoying brats that wanted my attention."

They both laughed.  Then it went back to silence.  It wasn't award or anything.  It was calm and peaceful.  The one would make anyone feel safe. It felt like hours.  Until Lance got up.

"It's getting late... I should probably head to my room."

Before Lance could walk away, Keith grabbed his wrist.  Lance looked over and saw Keith blushing.