The Little Hat

*Maddy's pov*

It's my second day in Underland, and I am walking around my dads house

It's my second day in Underland, and I am walking around my dads house. I started picking some flowers but stopped when I found a tiny blue hat with a feather on it. I smiled and ran to my dads house.

Me: "Daddy!"

I ran so fast that I almost forgot to open the door causing me to giggle. I opened the door and saw my dad making tea.

Me: "Daddy!"

He turned around and smiled at me.

Dad: "Now what are you so excited about? Because I want to be that excited too."

I giggled then stuck out my hands.

Me: "Look what I found."

I opened my hand and held up the tiny hat, my smile faded when I saw my dads face. He gently took it and looked at it.

Me: "Daddy? Is everything alright?"

He looked at me then at the hat.

Dad: "Yes. I just...I remember this hat."

I smiled.

Me: "Did you make it?"

Dad: "I did when I was just a boy. I gave it to my father but he wasn't very proud of it. A strict man, my father was. I thought he through this away."

I looked at it.

Me: "I think he must have kept it. Because it wouldn't have been here if he threw it away."

That got him to smile.

Dad: "Which means they might not be gone after all. Which means you might still get to meet your grandparents after all."

I smiled and clapped but stopped when I thought about something.

Me: "How are we going to find them?"

He gave me a confused look then smiled.

Dad: "Perhaps our friends will help us out. Come, they are not to far."

He walked out of his house but before I could follow him I ran and turned off the tea pot. Then I quickly ran after him with a smile on my face.
......................
*Ben's pov*

I'm so frustrated with all my homework along with my kingly duties, but the only person that can get me to relax isn't here. I looked at my mirror when spotted a blue butterfly. I was about to grab it but my hand went through my mirror. I quickly pulled it out but looked at it. Maddy was the only person that can access Underland when she wanted to but anyone else would have to be pulled in if needed. That got me worried, so I put my whole body through it.

 That got me worried, so I put my whole body through it

(Pretend that's Ben not Alice.)

When I got through I looked around. I think I'm in somebody's study but everything is moving. I also realized that am small again.

Me: "Great. I'm small again."

I looked around for away to get down from the shelf. But I stopped looking when I saw a rope, I hesitated for a second then remembered what Maddy always told me about being brave. She said 'Sometimes being brave can be the best way to get out of situations. Just be careful on what you do.', so with that in my head I ran and jumped on the rope. I slid down and jumped off onto a chess set, but what shocked me was the Knight piece was alive but then got pushed aside by the another Knight. I quickly backed up but turned around when I felt myself bumping into someone. My eyes went wide when I saw humpty dumpty about to fall over.

Humpty Dumpty: "Oh, no, not again!"

I tried to grab him but I was to late. I looked behind me when I heard a loud thud. It was a King piece from the chess set.

King: "All my horses. All my men. To the rescue."

I watched as the chess pieces went down to help Humpty Dumpty. I found my way down and picked up a piece of Humpty Dumptys head.

Me: "Sorry about that."

???: "Always clumsy and dim when you are worried."

I turned around and saw Absolem as a butterfly.

Absolem: "I thought you'd never get the idea."

Me: "What's going on?"

I felt someone stand next to me, I looked and a chess piece.

Chess Piece: "Excuse me, young man. We'll be needing that."

I let him take the last piece of Humpty Dumpty then looked at Absolem.

Absolem: "If we don't hurry then they will be gone before long."

Me: "They? Did something happen to Maddy?"

Absolem: "All will become clear in the fullness of Time....Hurry, now."

I walked to the door.

Absolem: "Oh....And do mind your step."

I looked at him confused while going through the door. I screamed when I was falling through the sky but landed on some flowers.