Chapter 21; second thoughts

Kenzie's POV:

It was the day of our first show of the tour and I honestly wasn't in any mood to do anything. I was miserable without my bestfriend but I shouldn't be right?

When I wanted to be a thing with him again he was dating someone and then he tried to get back with me and I denied it. He loved another girl also and maybe he didn't even love me at all. He went with the girl he liked instead of fighting for me.

I guess maybe we aren't meant to be anything at all. Not friends or anything more than that. We can't even make it work as friends. He doesn't want to see me and he blocked me. He didn't even say goodbye to me.

"Kenzie lets go. We are going to eat lunch!" Maddie says grabbing my arm dragging me out of the bathroom. I was standing there frozen for who knows how long. I didn't want to do this show. I was nervous than ever and broken down.

     -------------------------------------------------

I fidget with my microphone making sure it's going to stay when I dance. I shake my hands trying to get rid of all the nervousness inside of me.

I stand backstage with my mom, Maddie and Hayden. "Good luck Maddie" Hayden smiles as Maddie goes through the curtain and out on the stage. She was performing a solo first. As soon as she head was out everyone started screaming and clapping.

I bet no one will do that for me.

I stood back stage not watching her. I was too caught up in my own thoughts. "Are you okay Kenzie?" Hayden says patting my back. I fake smile and nod "yeah I'm fine." I lie.

After 3 minutes Maddie comes back panting. She was so out of breath from dancing. She comes over patting me on the back "hey good luck sis, oh btw I saw Johnny and Nadia out in the crowd. And Lauren, Carson and annie." She says smiling. Right as she said the first 2 names my smile fades completely.

I couldn't think about anything. My mom was blank. I couldn't move, speak, breath. "Alright you all ready for MACKENZIE ZIEGLER" the announcer shouts and I stood there frozen.

They push my back out into the stage. I walk on smiling trying to act like I'm okay. Make them think my life was everyone's dream, like I was perfectly fine.

As I stand on the stage waiting for my music to start I shift my eyes across the auditorium. As my eyes move they land on one person. His eyes were forced on his and Nadia's hands joined together.

He was smiling at them and they both were giggling and smiling. He started blushing and Nadia kissed his cheek. The music started and I stood there.

Frozen.

"Mackenzie?" The announcer shouts trying to get me to move, dance, do something. As soon as my name was yelled out loud Johnny's eyes bolt up and stare at me. I caught looks with him and a tear fell down my cheek.

Johnny

She wipes her cheek and bolts off the stage. She doesn't go backstage she goes right off the stage in front and runs down the aisle.

The doors smack closed and I feel the huge gust of wind that blow through from the lobby

The whole audience was whispering and looking around. Maddie comes out "sorry guys she wasn't feeling good so I'll be doing my next solo.." Maddie behinds speaking.

I knew she was lying. No one knew what was wrong with Kenzie. She wasn't not feeling good. No one knew what was going on but I did. It was because of me.

She saw me and we made eye contact and she bolted off. This little fight or whatever we are in has gone too far. She can't even do what she loves anymore because of me. When she sees me she can't move, breath, or think.

I bolt up from my seat and rush to the back of the auditorium and bust out the doors. I run around looking in doors, hallways, everything to find her. No where.

I sprint up and down hallways panting and out of breath. I shout her name while looking through doors and windows

I step my feet down for forcefully and stop my feet from running. I look down in grief and turn myself around.

I couldn't find her at all. It was useless. I head back to the auditorium feeling so stupid that this happened because of me.

I drag my feet along the carpet slowly hoping I could possibly run into her on my way back I made it to the bathroom and I still didn't run into her

I feel my feet squish in something wet and warm in the carpet. I look down and my white shoes are covered in blood stains.

I turn my body facing the bathroom door.

There was a puddle of blood coming from underneath.

Oh my gosh.

I pound on the door screaming and crying

"MACKENZIE!!!!"

------------------------------------------------------------

ANYONE ELSE SUPER SHOCKED AT THIS PLOT TWIST!!!?

COMMENT BELOW IF YOU WERE!!!

IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY I POSTED CHAPTER 2 OF MY OTHER FANFIC SO GO CHECK IT OUT!

MAKE SURE TO VOTE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER AND IF YOY WANT MORE