CHAPTER 2 ~ COLD AF

- Serena -

The next morning was still hot as fuck. The weather was driving me nuts.

It was 9:30 in the morning and there was another half an hour before we opened the cafe.

I stared at my ice cream mixture being mixed in the mixer while Roxy was doing up her waffle batter.

"Serena did you even turn on the AC? I'm burning alive in here," she grumbled and I was already exhausted as it is.

"Yes I did turn it on, I don't know why it's taking forever to cool the place down," I breathed out and some frosted air escaped my mouth.

"Well check the air conditioner again," she eyed me and I rolled my eyes at her.

I strode to the air conditioner and turned it off before turning it on again, "What are you doing here so early anyway? You usually come here at ten on the dot."

Roxy shrugged, "Just wanna have my dose of eye candy before work begins."

"What do you mean?"

She looked out the glass wall to the restaurant across the street, "Other than the rude ass there yesterday, there was another guy. He's gorgeous."

I scoffed, I really wondered why Roxy was my best friend at times. We were polar opposites.

She was extremely outspoken and confident even on her worst days. Me on the other hand, I'm a total introvert and I will never be as proud and loud as Roxy.

The only thing we probably had in common was our disability to tolerate bullshit.

Yesterday was an exception, that rude guy was new in our town plus he's our neighbour. I don't want our time here to be difficult.

Moreover, we can always find some other time to screw him over.

"There! They're walking up now!" Roxy stared dreamily while I smiled and shook my head.

"That rude guy is crazy, he's wearing jeans and a leather jacket in this kind of weather. Is he sick?" Roxanne mumbled and I looked out the glass panel to see the two men walk into their restaurant.

She was right, he wore a brown leather jacket with a pair of jeans and I raised an eyebrow, "And here we are sweating our asses off."

She laughed and continued staring, "Look at the other guy, he's so buff. I bet he can rip off that flimsy singlet he's wearing."

I snapped my finger and bumped a little snowball to her head, "Don't get your panties in a twist this early Roxy. We still have a whole day ahead of us."

She glared at me but started pouring batter into the waffle making machine and the aroma filled our cafe.

I looked back across, the sunlight glaring onto both men as they unlocked their restaurant. Rude man's hair blazed a beautiful dark reddish brown while the other unknown man had dark brown locks combed back.

Roxanne was kinda right, they really were eye candy.

They were both well built, broad shoulders, tall physique, unknown man had toned muscular arms and surprisingly I was curious how rude man would look like under all that thick clothing.

Rude man turned and found me staring. I felt my heart stop a nano second. His harsh gaze seemed to soften as he looked at me. I bet he could see through my soul.

"Serena! Can you help me do a taste test?" Roxy called out and I blinked, returning back to reality.

I turned away, "Coming!"