CHAPTER 7 ~ DOWN LOW

- Serena -

A week passed since the last time I saw the fiery man. And got punched in the face.

The bruise was horrible and concealer could only cover up so much. My mouth and nose bled profusely that night, I literally had to mask my face in ice just to numb the pain.

Every time I started feeling bad about dislocating that gangster's knee, I just had to look in the mirror to remember that he deserved it.

What I wanted to know more was why he was looking for Ben.

I avoided Ben as much as possible. Though I was curious about him, I didn't want him to see the horrific marks on my face. It would just prove that I needed 'protection' when I really didn't.

I only went back home to get my clothes and clean myself up when I was super sure the bar was closed.

That would be about seven or eight in the morning.

How I slept? In my cafe of course, Roxy still didn't find out. She was too busy with Austin to know what was going on with me. She did comment about the gigantic bruise on my face but I told her if anyone asked, just tell them I hit my face at home by accident. She was worried about me going home alone, knowing that a gang was out there but I assured her that I'll be fine.

And that I may have broken that gangster's knee. She found it hilarious.

I woke up when the sun peeked in through the shades and groaned, sleeping in a sitting position is hurting me and I miss my bed like crazy.

But I've already exposed my powers once, if I walk by that bar and something stupid happens again, people will be bound to find out.

I wobbled into the bathroom and washed up. I stared at my healing bruise and sighed, at least it was getting better. I packed on my foundation and concealer and did whatever make up to make myself look decent.

The drooping eyebags and swollen face made me look like a wreck.

I went out and grabbed the ice cream from the freezer. I could feel the heat from outside and dreaded every bit of it.

I waved my hands across the whole cafe and a layer of ice plastered the surfaces.

I got all the ice cream in the display case and started on mixing a new batch when I heard a knock on the front door. All the ice around me melted instantly and gushed towards the bathroom.

"What in the world-" I watched the water flow out the front door to the drain and I shook my head. I quickly ran over to the door, unlocked it and pulled it open.

My gosh Ben looked like an angel. His face glowed with the rising sun and I stood there dumbfounded.

"Ben?"

"What happened to your- Your whole place is flooded," He slid past me and went to grab the mop from the back storage room.

I watched as the Abercrombie looking model strode around cleaning my cafe.

"Serena!" Roxy bird sung into the cafe and stopped short, seeing the beautiful handsome man mop up the disaster.

"Did you do this to him?" Roxanne whispered to me but I shook my head.

"I have no idea why he's here," I whispered back and I heard another familiar voice enter our small space.

"Good morning girls. Ben! Whatcha doin' here?" Austin wriggled his eyebrows and I guessed that he must've been the one to ask Ben to come over.