CHAPTER 14 ~ WHO'S IT GONNA BE

- Serena -

Ben was obviously insane.

Shawn wasn't a killer and he definitely didn't work for Tyronne.

My brother was anything but a killer. He wasn't one to join gangs or anything of the sort.

He was the best. He was a top student in school, had the nicest manners and the most awesome personality a guy could have.

He even found a part time job on the mountains at the ski resort so I could come down and ski for free.

He knew how much I loved the cold, he knew all too well.

I couldn't sleep the whole night, Ben told me to get some rest and left me alone with Felicia.

He seemed to be unable to comprehend the situation at the moment. Same for me.

Roxanne came into the room somewhere in the middle of the night and rested on the other side of the girl.

Felicia hugged on my arm and Roxy patted her back, I watched her and she sighed.

"I thought you didn't like kids?" I raised an eyebrow and she shrugged.

"Yeah but it's different with her because we've actually seen her come and go from our shop. We literally watched her grow up."

I smiled, it was unusual to see Roxanne's soft side. Especially with kids.

"I heard from Ben earlier, you really think that guy is Shawn?" She asked.

I nodded, "I can't get it wrong twice Roxy. I saw him once that day, today's the second. I know it's him. Plus Ben knows him too."

"But Ben said Shawn works for that gang leader, what are you going to do?"

I sighed, "I don't know, I need to see him again though. Ben seems to think Shawn was out to kill him."

"Well apparently Shawn now knows that Ben is alive when he's supposed to be dead. So Tyronne will then most likely know that Ben is alive. Long story short, Ben's life is in danger. Not just him, it is for Austin, the both of us and even Felicia."

I caressed the five year old's head and closed my eyes, "Felicia mentioned something about her father taking her mother away earlier. Then she said her father beat her. She also said she saw a snowman. I don't know what to think Roxy, do you think Shawn is like what everyone is making him out to be?"

"I don't know Serena, I only know all of our lives are in danger now. Especially Ben and Felicia."

I sat up, feeling anxious and exasperated, "Who would think that Ben would know Shawn? After so long, if only I was more aware of the signs."

Roxanne patted my back, "It's no one's fault, just chill, have a rest. You'll feel better in the morning."

The cold in my body was stirring up, I had to calm the fuck down.

I laid back down on the bed, taking deep breaths, holding Felicia close to me.

Shawn, what the hell happened to you?

***

Ben got us new sets of clothes again. For Felicia as well.

I stood at the balcony of his apartment after washing up and took a sip of the tea I prepared for myself.

I sighed, feeling the warmth run through me before the cold took over again.

"Good morning Serena," Ben's sexy, rough voice sounded from a distance behind me.